• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Golden Age Arms Co?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith T

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any peices from Golden Age Arms Company? Do you know who the gunmaker was that made their guns? When did they go out of business?

Just wondering. They made me a .54 caliber years ago. I never got the makers name.

I used to buy almost all my gun parts from them. I liked their stuff and never had a problem with their service. I was real sorry to see them go out of business.
I have an L&R lock that I got from Golden Age, but I don't know about the other stuff. I have several barrels that I bought from them, but I installed them in guns that I made with the maker's name down in the barrel channel of the stock, out of sight, and I don't want to take them out to look now.
I think they went out of business sometime in the late 1990s. Seems like the owner decided to retire.

Rancocas said:
I used to buy almost all my gun parts from them. I liked their stuff and never had a problem with their service. I was real sorry to see them go out of business.
I have an L&R lock that I got from Golden Age, but I don't know about the other stuff. I have several barrels that I bought from them, but I installed them in guns that I made with the maker's name down in the barrel channel of the stock, out of sight, and I don't want to take them out to look now.
I think they went out of business sometime in the late 1990s. Seems like the owner decided to retire.

GONE WAHOO :hatsoff:

I guess it's good that the owner was able to retire.
Back when they were in business, I got one of their catalogs and I was really surprised at their prices.

The only place that wanted more money for identical things was Dixie. Everyone else selling locks, barrels and other hardware had less expensive prices so, when Golden Age went out of business I just figured their high prices resulted in no one buying from them.

Jim Johnson was the owner of Golden Age Arms.
He had a number of people who made guns for him over the years, and occasionally he purchased guns from makers for resale.

Regards, Dave

Latest posts

Back