• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gold...Gold...Gold...that shiny stuff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was at a walk-about at a local sportsman club and saw a front sight tipped with gold!
An older gentleman had the very top front of his sight covered in gold by a dentist friend of his. The amazing thing was no matter where he set that gun down that sight was HIGHLY visible from any angle!
Does anyone know of a sight like this for sale?

20221019_112610.jpg
Thought I'd ruff file the front top at a 45° and hammer gold into the ridges, then heat it? Any suggestions are appreciated!

I solder gold all the time but I’m soldering it to gold, I don’t know anything about soldering gold to iron.
I could probably try it on an iron sight I’ve got kicking around but it won’t be until next week because I’m leaving for Arizona tomorrow.

That's better than the idiot I witnessed 25 years ago whose entire slide and barrel were gold plated...including INSIDE the barrel!!! The front sight had been replaced with a synthetic ruby. Needless to say his blinged out blaster was unfired, and with the barrel restricted like that, probably unsafe to fire! All on top of the factory plain black plastic frame..

That's better than the idiot I witnessed 25 years ago whose entire slide and barrel were gold plated...including INSIDE the barrel!!! The front sight had been replaced with a synthetic ruby. Needless to say his blinged out blaster was unfired, and with the barrel restricted like that, probably unsafe to fire! All on top of the factory plain black plastic frame..

Sounds like a toy.

That's what synthetic frame auto-loading unmentionable handguns are often referred to as.
Sorry for some reason I was thinking black plastic as in Mattel instead of Polymer as in Glock. And I was trying to picture a "synthetic" ML. Sorry I was having a senior moment.

Latest posts

Back