• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Going to Friendship for the first time, anything I should know ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Me and the wife are road tripping to the NMLRA spring shoot in Friendship this coming weekend. We're both pretty excited, as she like the living history and crafts of the era. Anything I should know , do , or see, while I'm there ? My wife has some back issues and walking for to long can be an issue, how far away will parking be ? Also, she read somewhere there is a large flea market going on real close or next to the the venue, is that easy to get to ? Any local attraction to see while I'm there ? Looking forward to the experience, weather looks great this weekend. -Thanks

Everything is spread way out. There is a lot of walking. Can you bring an electric go buggy or something? You're looking at covering a couple hundred acres to see it all.

There is paid parking near the shooting and sutler areas. Cost is around 5 bucks or so. Across the bridge is the flea market area paid parking also. But as Comfortbly_Nu posted much walking regardless. Flea market stuff in town and there is more parking available! Enjoy! So far weather looks good

Parking is in 3 nearby lots. I think the American Legion runs the parking. I would not park at the commercial Flea Market. To far to walk to the NMLRA range. Parking in town is limited. I camp and shoot and stay all week. NMLRA has a map of the grounds on their website. Getting there early is advised. Traffic gets backed up later in the day on Saturday. Have fun.

Everything is spread way out. There is a lot of walking. Can you bring an electric go buggy or something? You're looking at covering a couple hundred acres to see it all.
She's okay as long as she can sit down and take "breaks" every hour or so. Not sure if there is places to sit, so might bring a folding chair. Our daughter is coming too, so she can help out.

She's okay as long as she can sit down and take "breaks" every hour or so. Not sure if there is places to sit, so might bring a folding chair. Our daughter is coming too, so she can help out.
They have benches at the clubhouse, cafeteria is there. It is next to the offhand range. Not far from the new rest rooms. Ask someone. People are friendly.

I was at Friendship years ago and it was "alright" but not my idea of a rendezvous.
To me, the words flea market and rendezvous do not go together.

Me and the wife are road tripping to the NMLRA spring shoot in Friendship thcoming weekend. We're both pretty excited, as she like the living history and crafts of the era. Anything I should know , do , or see, while I'm there ? My wife has some back issues and walking for to long can be an issue, how far away will parking be ? Also, she read somewhere there is a large flea market going on real close or next to the the venue, is that easy to get to ? Any local attraction to see while I'm there ? Looking forward to the experience, weather looks great this weekend. -Thanks
Hi Kyron, I'm in sheep shed 64-65. if your wife needs a rest I have a comfortable chair she can rest in.

How exciting for you & your family!!!
Be sure to bring your membership cards. Last year there were golf carts you could rent. There is a cafeteria you can eat at.
The hardest "walk" will be on the primative side. Still doable.
The flea market is on either side of the main range property - not affiliated with the NMLRA.
There will be a banquet dinner and auction on the first Sunday at the ED. Building if you are still around.
You're about 1-1/2hrs outside of Cincinnati or Indianapolis.
Enjoy your visit and safe travels!!!

Bring more money than you plan to spend. You can always put it to good use. The primitive area is smaller than it used to be. There was a time when camping space on "snob knob" was at a premium. As noted above it is a shoot with a primitive area. Not really a period rendezvous.

Hi Kyron, I'm in sheep shed 64-65. if your wife needs a rest I have a comfortable chair she can rest in.
Thank you, that is so kind of you, I will keep that in mind. I'm a on my feet and moving all day type, sometimes I forget that she just can't keep up at my pace anymore.

Bring more money than you plan to spend. You can always put it to good use. The primitive area is smaller than it used to be. There was a time when camping space on "snob knob" was at a premium. As noted above it is a shoot with a primitive area. Not really a period rendezvous.
Ya, My wife and daughter are coming so I'm sure I'll leave with empty pockets ;)

We don't get out or away much so as far as not being a period rendezvous, it's better than nothing at all; and from the videos I watched I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Make sure to visit the museum in the house. The view from the second story porch is nice.
IMG_1769.jpeg

Part of the range
IMG_1777.jpeg

The main area, club house is large building, sheep sheds to the left, gun makers hall is log cabin,
IMG_1780.jpeg

LOTS of walking, you can hitch a ride on this between flea markets on either side of the grounds,
IMG_1771.jpeg

Back