• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fortunate I do paper punching and coffee can killing with light charges. My flask is small, and .50 is my biggest plinker . Yes, I have a 'whomper'.56, but that blaster only comes out every couple years or so! Small charges, real easy cleanup, I'm happy with my .50, and Pops' .36 Squirrel rifle. My powder goes for years per can. Also, the plinking ranges out here are closed for fire season, so we can't shoot year-round anyway. Mostly Dec-May, if no snow or hard rain that day. No complaints at all, we have free, un-supervised Be Polite shooting ranges. It's Fabulous! Tinhorn

At least in my area of PA many shops carry it as a service for the customers. Brings them in the door and they buy other stuff. I buy it at Dixon's when I get up there. Might not be as cheap as a order from a on-line seller, but it helps keep the little guys in business.

At least in my area of PA many shops carry it as a service for the customers. Brings them in the door and they buy other stuff. I buy it at Dixon's when I get up there. Might not be as cheap as a order from a on-line seller, but it helps keep the little guys in business.
That's something we all could give some thought to.
It's not easy, making a living by selling things to small groups of people like us muzzleloader's so the idea of paying a bit more, just to keep these people in business is worthwhile.

We muzzleloader's are known for being cheap and always wanting to pay as little as possible for stuff but by being that way, in the end, we will lose the vendors that support us if we keep it up.

Storage permits used to be $150.00 here in NJ to sell Holy Black.
Lawmakers decided to make BP a high explosive reclassifying it.
Permits went to $1500.00 and many gave up selling it. Pyrodex is still available though.

SM

Dixons is a great place. About an hour and a half from here in sussextucky.....
SM

Latest posts

Back