• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex vs Swiss

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that Goex will be improved under the new company. It was always a good powder, but not as good as Swiss.
Goex did have a "premium" level powder very nearly as good as Swiss- Old Eynsford.

With prices rising all of the time I would go in with friends and family and order a case to spread out the hazmat charge. I have went in with the nephew and his boys and bought by the case for the last twenty years. It is perfectly legal as long as you agree before you order. Our local club buys by the case and resells to members who were members when it was ordered, but if some one new joins the club they have to wait until the next order to get any. Picky,picky but that is the law.

If you have to order it it won't be a 1 or 2 pound purchase. Grafs sells in case lots only. With hazmat ECT hang on to your wallet! Got any friends that shoot? Throw in together to reduce cost.
I ordered from Graf a couple of months ago and minimum order is only 4 pounds of powder. They have one of the lowest hazmat fees that I have seen.

Grafs&Son has not raised their min to a full case, I just checked.
There are others as well that will sell with min of 5, 4, 2, and even 1.
Track of the Wolf is only one I know that sells only cases.
But either way the Hazmat remains the same for 1 lbs or 25 lbs and I think most are flat rate shipping up to 25 lbs as well.

Then there are those at gun shows selling GOEX for $50/lb with No hazmat or shipping.

Here Wano which I believe is same as your Schutzen is $125 p/kg or per 2.2lb.

I'm picking up some Swiss next weekend and it's $125 p/kg.

Go figure

Anyway my horns are almost empty then I have 1kg of Wano 2F and will have 2kg Swiss 2F to last me a while. All up probably around 6 1/2lb of powder to last me a while!

I prime with 2F from the horn, can't afford that fancy 4F or 0B others shoot

I've had no complaints since switching to swiss last year whether its flintlock, percussion or BP cartridges. Still fouls a bit, but its softer than goex.

My last order was from Graf's and I do like dealing with them. One thing I noticed with Swiss 3F, at least in my .32 and .36, is that fouling is noticeably less than with other powders. The bores are also easier to clean from shooting Swiss.

Back