• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX update at N-SSA Nationals

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent a pleasant day today (Sat.) at the N-SSA Fall Nationals. About 4:00 I stopped at Back Creek Gun Shop, a major GOEX distributor, on my way home to feed the dogs. I asked Jackie what he had for powder and there were only 2 5lb. bags of 2f and no 3f. I bought 1 bag of 2f and a 5 lb. bag of 5FA which is equivalent to 3f sporting powder. All the 2 & 3f were gone along with the Swiss. He had some 1f, cannon powder and some Schutzen. His last GOEX order was not completely filled and there is no more in the pipeline. :(

I spent a pleasant day today (Sat.) at the N-SSA Fall Nationals. About 4:00 I stopped at Back Creek Gun Shop, a major GOEX distributor, on my way home to feed the dogs. I asked Jackie what he had for powder and there were only 2 5lb. bags of 2f and no 3f. I bought 1 bag of 2f and a 5 lb. bag of 5FA which is equivalent to 3f sporting powder. All the 2 & 3f were gone along with the Swiss. He had some 1f, cannon powder and some Schutzen. His last GOEX order was not completely filled and there is no more in the pipeline. :(
Thank you for the update. If Back Creek is out of BP, we are all screwed!

The line to buy powder at Back Creek Gun Shop on Saturday afternoon (10-2-21) of the N-SSA Nats. The shop is the white building at the far left barely visible through the trees. He was completely sold out of GOEX and Swiss by 4:00 that afternoon.

244417004_10226615133592407_8203064355791669923_n.jpg
244634472_10165364923505251_522163038542023238_n.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, i'm old enough to recall when DuPont got out of the black powder business. There wasn't an internet, but EVERY gun shop, pawnshop, range, and coffe shop was consumed by the same info.... the sky was falling, throw away your muzzleloaders, take up knitting.
Unfortunately I don't recall how long it took, but suddenly there was this outfit called GOEX making powder. They made it for years, then they decided to close. Same song and dance as last time. Then Hodgdon announced they'd take over GOEX and keep the name.
And here we are today.

If GOEX handled the Government contract for black powder I would think someone will step in, maybe locating where you get folks who don't burn the place up every couple years.

Grandpa said, don't worry. Most things you worry about never happen, the stuff that happens you can't change.

I think he was right.

Back