• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex Sold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Miles, Electric ignition which we don't talk about here. CVA developed it years ago. Google cva Electra and you get a picture of camo stock, rubber butt plate, and scope. Very traditional, I suppose our sister site could help out with better information.
We have a sister site?!?
What’s it called, breechloadingforum.com?
Jay

Henry Miles, Electric ignition which we don't talk about here. CVA developed it years ago. Google cva Electra and you get a picture of camo stock, rubber butt plate, and scope. Very traditional, I suppose our sister site could help out with better information.

Intended as humor, sorry it was out of bounds...spank the original poster, mommy

My comment was of course just for fun. And maybe for those who get to inletting the lock and give up haha

I hope this is true, and I hope they continue to produce black powder for our hobby. I guess it all boils down to whether or not Estes is friendly to the firearms community or not.

If that is true, it's kind of an odd turn of events. I can see why they'd do it, but it gives me no further indication one way or the other as to whether shooting powder will return to market. I guess it is a "wait and see" type of thing.

We had to build Estes rockets for a science class one year in high school. One of the kids modified the design without doing any math and one of the stabilizer fins detached when the rocket was about 15 feet off the ground. It went ballistic and tore through the onlookers. No one was hurt, but certain things in life are indeed rocket science.

The real question now is,,,,,,,,

Can an Estes rocket engine be used to remove a stuck ball from a Holand&Holland Brown Bess copy?

😉
Have no idea, but if you ever run across a J.C. Higgins copy, I'm sold. I've always liked the old Higgins brand.

Kind of a natural link between rocketeering and BP shooting: what can go wrong, eventually will. And then we will post endless wild speculations about why things went wrong.😁

Have no idea, but if you ever run across a J.C. Higgins copy, I'm sold. I've always liked the old Higgins brand.
How high can we launch one of these copies if we pack the barrel full of engines with the thrusting ends pointed toward the muzzle?

Especially if we lube the guide rod on the launch pad with, Dawn! 😁

How high can we launch one of these copies if we pack the barrel full of engines with the thrusting ends pointed toward the muzzle?

Especially if we lube the guide rod on the launch pad with, Dawn! 😁
No. No. No. Olive oil and beeswax.
Now for the discussion on ratios.

wm

I have two Estes Rocket Stories from my youth.

As a pre-teen, I loved to put together those model rockets from Estes. My dad always looked forward to seeing my progress. One day, on the way home from shooting a rocket off at the farm my dad and I discussed building my own rocket from materials that found its way home from his work place. A day or two later he brought home some materials, a tube, some wings and a nose cone one of his guys turned down on a lathe. I quickly got to the assembly and gave it a nice paint job. At the first opportunity we went to the farm, set up the launch pad and proceeded to get read to launch. I was giddy with anticipation of the launch with the family and some friends watching at a safe distance. I inserted the safety key and hit the launch button and what a display...the engine took off, but the rocket didn't. It would appear that the nose cone made of wood, the tube made from an industrial paper roll and the other "heavy duty" parts didn't mesh well with my homemade engine mount. The rocket was an epic fail as the engine set the toilet paper parachute buffer and the parachute on fire throwing that mess up in the air. The nose cone flew quite a distance all while the rocket fell over in what I remember to be slow motion. My dad leaned over in an effort to make me feel better and said "Von Braun's first rockets didn't fair too well either".

If memory serves me correctly in 8th grade we made CO2 powered wooden drag cars. We had a competition at the school in the gym and would shoot the cars off timing them for speed. The cars stayed on the striaght and narrow with two eyelets under the body and a decent strength fishing line stretched between the start and finish lines. My friend was a year older than me and we decided we would see who had the best car. We made a makeshift starting point at the beginning of a dead end street and a finish line at the rail road tracks at the end of the street. Inspired by Evel Knievel, but mostly since CO2 powered cars were for Jr High kids we were going to one up that by using a C class rocket engine. At the starting point, we used two cinder blocks as a blast shield with the heavy fishing line going through them. I happily agreed to let my friend go first, after all it was my engine and launch kit. Needless to say once the safety key was installed and launch button was pushed the car took off like a rocket. Tenths of a second later we realized there was no blast shield to protect the fishing line. The car went really straight for about 1/2 of the city block, then dove left under a car and got tangled up in a fence. A little old lady we used to visit from time to time stepped out on the porch and asked " boys what the heck was that" as we were running down the car, I yelled stay on the porch. You see, for dramatic effect I always got the engines with a few seconds delay before it would pop out the parachute. As we were running up the parachute deployment feature of the engine popped freeing the car from the fence and causing the car to land a few feet in the yard. The little old lady asked if we were going to do that again. While trying to catch my breath, my reply was no, my friend asked me "what, your not going to take your turn".

I have quite a few memories with Estes rocket engines. Hope I can make few more with their powder!

I have two Estes Rocket Stories from my youth.

As a pre-teen, I loved to put together those model rockets from Estes. My dad always looked forward to seeing my progress. One day, on the way home from shooting a rocket off at the farm my dad and I discussed building my own rocket from materials that found its way home from his work place. A day or two later he brought home some materials, a tube, some wings and a nose cone one of his guys turned down on a lathe. I quickly got to the assembly and gave it a nice paint job. At the first opportunity we went to the farm, set up the launch pad and proceeded to get read to launch. I was giddy with anticipation of the launch with the family and some friends watching at a safe distance. I inserted the safety key and hit the launch button and what a display...the engine took off, but the rocket didn't. It would appear that the nose cone made of wood, the tube made from an industrial paper roll and the other "heavy duty" parts didn't mesh well with my homemade engine mount. The rocket was an epic fail as the engine set the toilet paper parachute buffer and the parachute on fire throwing that mess up in the air. The nose cone flew quite a distance all while the rocket fell over in what I remember to be slow motion. My dad leaned over in an effort to make me feel better and said "Von Braun's first rockets didn't fair too well either".

If memory serves me correctly in 8th grade we made CO2 powered wooden drag cars. We had a competition at the school in the gym and would shoot the cars off timing them for speed. The cars stayed on the striaght and narrow with two eyelets under the body and a decent strength fishing line stretched between the start and finish lines. My friend was a year older than me and we decided we would see who had the best car. We made a makeshift starting point at the beginning of a dead end street and a finish line at the rail road tracks at the end of the street. Inspired by Evel Knievel, but mostly since CO2 powered cars were for Jr High kids we were going to one up that by using a C class rocket engine. At the starting point, we used two cinder blocks as a blast shield with the heavy fishing line going through them. I happily agreed to let my friend go first, after all it was my engine and launch kit. Needless to say once the safety key was installed and launch button was pushed the car took off like a rocket. Tenths of a second later we realized there was no blast shield to protect the fishing line. The car went really straight for about 1/2 of the city block, then dove left under a car and got tangled up in a fence. A little old lady we used to visit from time to time stepped out on the porch and asked " boys what the heck was that" as we were running down the car, I yelled stay on the porch. You see, for dramatic effect I always got the engines with a few seconds delay before it would pop out the parachute. As we were running up the parachute deployment feature of the engine popped freeing the car from the fence and causing the car to land a few feet in the yard. The little old lady asked if we were going to do that again. While trying to catch my breath, my reply was no, my friend asked me "what, your not going to take your turn".

I have quite a few memories with Estes rocket engines. Hope I can make few more with their powder!
Love it.
We used to make those CO2 cars as well. Never stuck a rocket motor in one.
Never used the motors for much, but, the ignitors on the other hand,,,, well, not sure the statute of limitations......

The real question now is,,,,,,,,

Can an Estes rocket engine be used to remove a stuck ball from a Holand&Holland Brown Bess copy?

😉
i can just see the pages rolling up!
well first ya screw a eye screw into your balls, then tie a string between the screw and the rocket....
NO, it has to be a chain!
you are both wrong! a cable with cable clamps is needed:doh:

I used to build drag racers out of k'nex that were made so a rocket engine would fit in the back. They did all right. One day my little brother had this toy big rig truck without the trailer. There was a nice little spot between the exhaust pipes that was perfect to wedge a D sized model rocket engine into with a little duct tape for a shim. It apparently wasn't quite tight enough as the engine just popped out and spun through the air like a whistling chaser.
I also had the brilliant idea of strapping the launch controller to a piece of PVC pipe and fashioning a blast shield to the front of it. It would launch the smaller sized engines pretty well, but they mostly just tumbled after leaving the tube. I had big plans in my head about making some simple rocket type housings that would help them fly straighter and emptying out a bunch of fireworks in the nose portion for the ejection charge to ignite, but luckily I never got that far in my experimentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back