• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GOEX sold?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had the money and knowledge, I'd have bought it and crank out production right here in Thompsontown, PA.
It's easy to say though, I'm sure there is an awful lot of inspection costs, insurance costs and so on I know nothing about.
It takes money to make money.
I wish D Trump Jr woulda have bought it, he's a sportsman ha

The US military used black powder in grenades. I think in the last year or so they went to a sinthentic compound.

"It is used in the big navy guns. Maybe as a primer???"

BINGO! Give that man a cigar!

There are no “big Navy guns” left.

The biggest caliber is 5” now. Not sure if BP is used for priming, but probably not. I believe it’s all fixed case junk now.

As for the ACME corporation and it’s customer Roadrunner and Coyote, here is a sighting:

40D884A5-03EB-4D77-BC8E-D3A0D505D28A.jpeg

since GOEX was being made on US Army property, I'm wondering if the Gooberment cancelled the lease on the property.
Interesting point. I did find one online source indicating that GOEX did lease the property at Camp Minden. If so, how can Hodgdon sell it? Hmmm.
For some gallows humor, I found an article relating the number of explosions at Camp Minden, giving rise to it's nickname "Kaboomtown."
I did call Hodgdon last week and the gentleman I spoke with indicated the sale was not yet final. Didn't ask who owned what.

Grafs and Sons have removed their GOEX and GRAF's (GOEX Made) black powder selections buttons out of their website! It no longer appears "Out of Stock", they are just gone. Only Shuetzen and Swiss show...and plenty of subs. May be they know swomthin we dont!!!

Concerning government purchases/usage of black powder I posted the following a couple of weeks ago, straight from the 4th. largest GOEX distributor in the US.

As for the lucrative Government contracts they have about all the powder they need and GOEX actually bought powder back from the Government last year. GOEX's powder production had shown a major decline in the past 10 or so years though they still have to operate the same equipment with the same number of employees.

Powder update

Back