• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GOEX sold?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw this in the "about us" section of the Hodgdon website:

"Located in Minden, Louisiana, GOEX Powder, Inc. is the only U.S. manufacturer of black powder. Hodgdon then sold the GOEX plant and brand in 2021."

To whom?

Even though there aren't millions of us who want the stuff, surely to God, they understand the demand?

it might take a while to re-license everything depending upon who
bought it. Must have sold in December and not announced yet
officially. Anyone's guess-- but German Wano or Dupont?
Will the prices stay the same?

Sold- Is music to most ears

I’d bet , prices will not remain same… slight increase. Yet I’m sure 10-15% is not really that big of a deal

1641532257170.png
The new Goex / Acme Catalog!

I sure hope they don't just shutter/bulldoze/make condos out of any GOEX facilities. Having just one place in the world making black powder, and off shore, is very daunting to the thousands of black powder hunters, target shooters, reenactors that use it constantly over the years. ANY businessman would see this as a wide open market.

Back