• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex powder @ Buffalo Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it’s Monday and the cooler has been packed since Saturday and everything is cool and dry, thanks everyone for the reply’s. I figured I would ask around and find out how you fellas store extra powder and such.

Well it’s Monday and the cooler has been packed since Saturday and everything is cool and dry, thanks everyone for the reply’s. I figured I would ask around and find out how you fellas store extra powder and such.

All my powders are stored in a steel cabinet in what they are shipped in. I don't think you are getting any more protection in a cooler, could probably have it filled with water and it would be ok as long as cap is secure... My primers are stored differently, in plastic bags with desiccants.

The powder is already in a plastic container with a sealed lid. What’s wrong with a couple of wooden shelves in a closet, store room, garage or any where your shooting supplies or guns are located.
My ready supply sits in the bottom drawer of my loading bench. Extras sit in the box it arrived in.

I do almost the same with primers I use a Seal A Meal device and suck the air out of the bag on lots of 10 or 12. But as far as the cooler goes I was just looking for a place to keep the extra BP in one place not really for any protection.

I am kinda limited on space from so much stuff I am running out of room and she is always on me about it. Ha Ha.

I am kinda limited on space from so much stuff I am running out of room and she is always on me about it. Ha Ha.
You and me, both! My wife had a fit when some surplus Yugo ammo crates arrived, which I'd ordered to put away some stuff that was either loose or piled up in cardboard boxes on the shelf.

Just got confirmation that the powder has shipped so I'm good to go for a while. I generally would not buy that amount of powder, but with the uncertainty of Goex and unmentionables in the state of our union I needed some comfort knowing I'd be set for a while. Seeing $125 for a 525 rounds of rimfire the other day did not help my confidence...

I am still on Graf's email when in stock list, so I will post when I see it available again.

WOW I did the same with some Ammo , and yes it does help the confidence thing, I as well am waiting for my BP order from Grafs, ya know we try are best to stay ahead of the curve so we can enjoy our selves a little in life and not be that person that should have or I wished I did. You know what I mean.

The local crackheads have found selling stolen ammo, primers, and caps and black powder more profitable than drugs right now.

Just got confirmation that the powder has shipped so I'm good to go for a while. I generally would not buy that amount of powder, but with the uncertainty of Goex and unmentionables in the state of our union I needed some comfort knowing I'd be set for a while. Seeing $125 for a 525 rounds of rimfire the other day did not help my confidence...

I am still on Graf's email when in stock list, so I will post when I see it available again.

I'm sorry the prices are out of whack where you are. I sell ammo, and two months from your post here people are scoffing at the $60 American dollars we charge for 500 rds of .22 LR. There might not be much ammo in the pipeline but almost no one is willing to pay the relatively moderate prices that exist in Dec. 2021.

I read through this post again I bought a case of powder from Deer Creek in 2019. At that time a case of 3f Goex was $375 =$15 per pound, Goex Olde Eynsford 3f was $400 = $ 16 per pound and Swiss 3f was $525 = 21 per pound. Bought a case of Olde E but have only tested it a little as I have a large supply of older Goex 3f and some Swiss that I will use up first. Doubt we ever see those prices again but I sure hope Goex gets picked up and we see it back on the market.

Dunkelburgers in East Stoudsburg PA had a little Swiss for sale today. I picked up 2 cans and left the rest for others. $40.00/can made that a bit easier.

Back