• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex powder @ Buffalo Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I got the last two pounds of Goex FF at my local sporting goods store yesterday. Today they were out of FF but had FFF.
You are lucky to have a place that still has black powder near you. I am unaware of anyone in the state of Wisconsin that carries it anymore, definitely nobody in SE WI . I'm at the mercy of the internet and haz fees...

I guess I bought the last 5 Pounds of 3F Old Eynsford from Grafs & Sons because as soon as I finished and the order went through there tally said Out Of Stock. Things are BAD….

I just went to a local gun show to see if anything good was around and there was not a thing for bp, nothin.
Hodgen smokeless was $60lb, and a box of rifle primers was $150.
Let the gouging begin.

You are lucky to have a place that still has black powder near you. I am unaware of anyone in the state of Wisconsin that carries it anymore, definitely nobody in SE WI . I'm at the mercy of the internet and haz fees...
Well I was until now. There are actually quite a few places in south central PA where you could still get it.
Just across the line in DE it’s the same story. I don’t think there is a single vendor in the entire state that carries it. Really shameful considering most of the state economy is driven by the DuPont fortune that started with producing gun powder.
h

Just went to a local Gun Show one of the Vendors had 6 Lbs of GOEX for sale Cartridge, 2F and 3F. $35 a LB. I walked on by but I would bet someone picks it up by the end of the day.

I am sure some one bought it because they may not get another opportunity to even see it. The nuttiness has started.

Just went to a local Gun Show one of the Vendors had 6 Lbs of GOEX for sale Cartridge, 2F and 3F. $35 a LB. I walked on by but I would bet someone picks it up by the end of the day.
this is actually illegal I believe, which is one reason you won’t see it for sale on gunbroker etc like ammo and primers, totally different ballgame with black powder.

I believe you are right, it’s a classified Explosive. A lot of gun shops don’t want the hassle of selling it.

Would a cooler with a seal around the inside of the lid cause moisture, I was thinking of using it for an extra dry box for powder, it’s small but will hold 15 or 16 pounds of BP . Just temporary mind you but I don’t want moisture either. Let me know what you guys think. Smart Ass’s can chime in also to let me know. Ha Ha….

Would it be a plastic cooler? With plastic bottles of powder, I guess you could potentially have static electricity. I don’t know if that would cause any issues or not.

Last edited:
Would a cooler with a seal around the inside of the lid cause moisture, I was thinking of using it for an extra dry box for powder, it’s small but will hold 15 or 16 pounds of BP . Just temporary mind you but I don’t want moisture either. Let me know what you guys think. Smart Ass’s can chime in also to let me know. Ha Ha….
After l use my coolers ( plastic ) l always leave the lids open and let them dry out before putting them away , and store them with the lids closed . When l go to use them again they are always dry inside . No condensation inside. So l think you would probably be alright using it for BP storage.

That’s cool , what’s nice about the cooler is it has lockable latches a handle in the middle , not that it needs locking or anything but it does keep air out with the gasket running a round the lid. Thanks for the reply fellows…

That’s cool , what’s nice about the cooler is it has lockable latches a handle in the middle , not that it needs locking or anything but it does keep air out with the gasket running a round the lid. Thanks for the reply fellows…
I didn't think about when l replied to your post , but l remembered that I have stored BP in coolers before with no problems.

Back