• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GOEX PLANT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe they had a fire back in June. They were hoping to reopen the plant in October but it looks like January 2022

Ethan has a video on utube black powder channel. They announced closing.

Where does the navy get it's powder for the big guns. I thought they still used sacks of black powder. in some of the guns

Where does the navy get it's powder for the big guns. I thought they still used sacks of black powder. in some of the guns
It wasn't black powder but some of that stuff did make a lot of smoke. This is Bismark firing at Hood.

1632789860246.png

Wonder how many vendors will have "out of stock" by noon tomorrow?

Lots of speculation to come.

It will all come down to the Financial Statements Hodgon presents to any potential buyers, has to be a profitable business or no one is going to be interested.

The trickle down could be a disaster to many small businesses if no one steps to buy it.

Population of Camp Minden, LA is only 13,000, shutdown could be very hard on the city, especially it's tax base.

Employee owned companies have traditionally been more resilient, and operate with a better sense of what its customer base needs/requires. They tend to be healthier financially. Two that come immediately to mind are Johnny's Selected Seeds, and Bob's Red Mill.

As much as I want the Goex plant to re-open in 2022, I feel that the current political climate vis-a-vis anything firearms related, in conjunction with the past decades of increasing legislation/laws/taxation in order to make the United States safe from anything perceived as dangerous (and what could be more dangerous in the minds of the average citizen than black powder); leaves me with very little hope that the Goex & Olde Eynsford brands of black powder will continue. It looks like Hogdon has capitulated to the political correctness side of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back