• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex Olde Eynsford 3F vs Goex Regular 3F

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like many of us, I’ve been shooting Goex regular BP for years. However, with the recent shortage, I had to go with Olde Eynsford.

I participated in our monthly match today and my rifle was shooting high. The only thing that’s changed from the last one is the powder.

Is OE that much more powerful?

Does anyone know of a chart comparing Goex Regular, old Eynsford, Shutzen, and Swiss?

TIA!

Walt

P.S.: The first Point of Aim was the center of the bull. The hits in the bull were aimed at the bottom of the black circle.

Attachments

• 20220430_111723.jpg
    20220430_111723.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Does anyone know of a chart comparing Goex Regular, old Eynsford, Shutzen, and Swiss?
Not aware of any comparison chart, though one may be out there. Played with a little Old Eynsford and found it closer to Swiss than Goex, but what does it matter as Goex and OE are no longer manufactured. And who knows what the Goex and OE will perform like when (and if) the new Goex owners start up production of either or both.

For now, probably best to work up a load with a current production powder. Would not count on any powders that do not yet exist.

Old E is very close to Swiss. It's the best stuff Goex made and was intended for competition use and those who care about best accuracy. Yes, it is a bit hotter than regular Goex.

I have not had the good fortune to shoot OE yet. I had recently tried a pound of Swiss 3f where I had been shooting Goex 3f. I was able to reduce my load from 65 grains down to 45 grains to achieve the same POI. So yes, there can be a big difference in powders.

Haven't had the opportunity so far to try OE. I did find that 20 grains of Swiss was just the ticket for my .32. I would think OE would likely do as well.

Latest posts

Back