• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX is hiring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they gave me an employee discount on their black powder I might work there.
Heck, at my age and physical condition, and considering how difficult it is to find real BP, I'd just about apply for a job there. But I'd probably only stick with it long enough to get my discount and enough BP to do me for the rest of my life. Then I'd be outta there like a scared deer. :)

Last edited:
When it comes to GOEX, I will believe it when I see it. And unless it is of better quality than it was before.....
Had to make an hours drive to see a surgeon yesterday. Stopped into a sporting goods store and found a few items I've been needing. When I asked if they had any BP, the reply was" We haven't been able to get any for over a year now". Personally, I do not recall having any issues with GOEX but with things as they are, I'd buy some from that store if they could get any. Beats the heck out of paying HAZMAT shipping fees.

Well I heard, Mary took to running with a traveling man, left her Mama crying with her head in her hands......

This is down in the swampland, anything goes
It's alligator bait and the bars don't close
It's the real thing down in Louisiana
Did you ever see a Cajun when he really got mad
When he really got trouble like a daughter gone bad
It gets real hot down in Louisiana
The stranger better move it or he's gonna get killed
He's gonna have to get it or a shotgun will
It ain't no time for lengthy speeches
There ain't no time for lengthy speeches......

That is just what I heard though. I hope it doesn't rile anyone up.

Absolutely outstanding that the CEO of Estes/Goex is on this site, hats off to you Karl!

Well you made my day with that! :-D ..and thank God Estes/Goex is coming back online! Great company.

I remember all the rockets I built when younger. My last one was a real cool tiny one. I put great care in putting it together, spent hours giving it a real detailed paint job. Carefully dressed and packed it's parachute. It was a sight to behold. When the day came I opted for the biggest engine (C7) that would fit in it. Way out in the ravine past the corn fields we put it on the pad and pressed the button. Off she went at a mindblowing rate, WAY faster & higher than anybody else's rocket had ever gone. Up and up and up and up and........(squint).....(squint) .... (?).....(?).... it went so high we didn't even see the parachute blow at the end of the burn. For all I know it's on the moon. 40 years later it still brings a smile to my face.

Well you made my day with that! :-D ..and thank God Estes/Goex is coming back online! Great company.

I remember all the rockets I built when younger. My last one was a real cool tiny one. I put great care in putting it together, spent hours giving it a real detailed paint job. Carefully dressed and packed it's parachute. It was a sight to behold. When the day came I opted for the biggest engine (C7) that would fit in it. Way out in the ravine past the corn fields we put it on the pad and pressed the button. Off she went at a mindblowing rate, WAY faster & higher than anybody else's rocket had ever gone. Up and up and up and up and........(squint).....(squint) .... (?).....(?).... it went so high we didn't even see the parachute blow at the end of the burn. For all I know it's on the moon. 40 years later it still brings a smile to my face.
We called it "teleporting" off the launch pad. It was there and then it was gone!

After 30+ years working in, improving, and designing chemical plants and parts of refineries, this is a tempting position. Been retired for 15+ years...too old and out of date to dust off the resume and apply. Besides, I've still got a bit more than a case of Goex 3f on hand ;) . I do miss the daily problem solving and design challenges though. I don't miss the bean counters, or other non-technical idiots, being in charge of technical decisions they do not understand. Sigh.

Anyway, my very best wishes to Estes for a safe start-up and success!!!

I'm not real positive on my outlook. The pay scale they have listed on the add is probably a hair more than you would make stocking shelves at Walmart these days. They can expect to attract a similar quality of talent. There might be more booms in their future.

ec52022bbe397b9de0e19cfbc7ba77db.jpg

I'm not real positive on my outlook. The pay scale they have listed on the add is probably a hair more than you would make stocking shelves at Walmart these days. They can expect to attract a similar quality of talent. There might be more booms in their future.
but if you could Johnny Cash out some 2Fg in your lunch box………………………

Latest posts

Back