• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX IN STOCK AT BUFFALO ARMS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between my two daughters and their kids (my grandkids); my youngest daughter and her two daughters love to shoot, they all have their own unmentionables, however I have only had the opportunity to take them once to the firing range to shoot BP. Each had a chance to shoot rifle, pistol, and my blunderbuss and we had a Blast! Cant wait for them to visit so we can do it again (OUTSIDE of California, on open land).
However my oldest daughter is not interested at all, her oldest is (I am ashamed to say) fully indoctrinated by her public school system, the next in line appears to really love her Grandpa and if I could get her to the range I think she'll really like it, two youngest (one girl followed by an almost 1yr old boy) still too young to hold up one of my long rifles...but I'm working on it; at least their father likes guns but dont own one - I really need to get them all Out of that Los Angeles area.

But the range sure enjoyed it when three generations showed up: Grandpa, Daughter, and Granddaughters.
Keep working on them hopefully they’ll want to join in.

you are whining about me supposedly whining. I pointed out the gluttony of a guy getting 50lbs when he said he would not live long enough to use it. where are you finding all this BP?
It's not gluttony, it's Liberty. The real crime is the that feds put a limit of 50lbs on it. Pretty sure they had more than 50 lbs at Concord.

Hmm? 🤔

Not everyone on here is of an older age bracket. I’m 30 and love the sport. Frankly, the “cantankerous oldsters” that really enjoy putting down the youthes and are one reason rondys and long rifle shows are a sea of white hair. If anything, you guys failed to pass on the sport to young blood to ensure a profitable market for the manufacturers.

Just saying. :rolleyes:
Well said

It's not gluttony, it's Liberty. The real crime is the that feds put a limit of 50lbs on it. Pretty sure they had more than 50 lbs at Concord.
call it what you like to me it is selfish gluttony. it is the liberty to be a glutton and hoarder that is boomer style. I am mad also feds put a limit on BP I want 5 tons. so you will lead a revolt using ML's hahah.

call it what you like to me it is selfish gluttony. it is the liberty to be a glutton and hoarder that is boomer style. I am mad also feds put a limit on BP I want 5 tons. so you will lead a revolt using ML's hahah.
You can have more than 50 lbs. If you want five tons, so be it.
You simply need the license, and the magazine to hold the stuff.
😇
LD

I'm not a hoarder but I have what I call strategic reserves. Enough to see me through the next year. The govt keeps strategic reserves on necessary things, the military also in order to fulfill their mission. Why shouldn't we keep reserves too. It is only good sense. Those that aren't willing to plan for the future just have to do without as their reward for not planning ahead a little. I do not feel sorry for them and I won't share what I have made arrangements for.

I'm not a hoarder but I have what I call strategic reserves. Enough to see me through the next year. The govt keeps strategic reserves on necessary things, the military also in order to fulfill their mission. Why shouldn't we keep reserves too. It is only good sense. Those that aren't willing to plan for the future just have to do without as their reward for not planning ahead a little. I do not feel sorry for them and I won't share what I have made arrangements for.
Well said!
Wow, 'planning ahead' and as the Boy Scouts of America used to say "Always Be Prepared", what a concept...instead of 'Live for today, worry about tomorrow the day after'.

The UPS guy just dropped my BP Order from Grafs and from what the driver said in so many words because he likes the shooting sports also and knows what I get said if you see something you use for your sport order NOW and as soon as possible because of the importation deal that’s going on it will be almost Two years in not a long Delay if were going to see anything us guys like coming into this country anytime soon. That means SWISS Powder and all the others.. WOW…..

Well, it does take extra time these days. I ordered from Grafs on 10.1 ,, got notified they shipped on 10.5 ,, as yet no word from Fedex on tracking. Guessing that will in another 5. Maybe see the delivery by Halloween - maybe.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to get my sons interested, including giving them guns .... to no avail.. They like guns that go boom, boom, bo.... well, you get the picture. None of my neighbor kids have ever shown any interest. But I am still trying. I recently gave a neighbor a BP Pistol, a step son three BP rifles, my kids two BP guns... They sure look nice over the fireplace. Polecat
Don’t give up the ship keep pressing! My son same way with those black guns that just waste good ammo. Interesting he has taken some interest in shooting the Brown Bess especially since I purchased a Revolution era ammo pouch from Jim Keller that holds 29 paper cartridges! Lol now all I got to get him to do is help with making the cartridges. By the way if any of you out there looking for something similar I can vouch for the quality of his merchandise. Beautiful stuff and a nice family man! He made me this French and Indian War cartridge pouch. The pictures don’t do it any justice.

Attachments

• C0110E98-FB50-4049-A1B3-3AFA7F15EE0C.jpeg
    C0110E98-FB50-4049-A1B3-3AFA7F15EE0C.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DFE54D74-F81C-4405-8CDC-02C5AEEB2D4F.jpeg
    DFE54D74-F81C-4405-8CDC-02C5AEEB2D4F.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 07593257-E99A-4630-86AE-3147DA11A2FB.jpeg
    07593257-E99A-4630-86AE-3147DA11A2FB.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 44
You can have more than 50 lbs. If you want five tons, so be it.
You simply need the license, and the magazine to hold the stuff.
😇
LD
A local LGS owner here in Rhode Island told me he had to have a storage magazine elsewhere in the store building and a ready magazine on the sales floor. It’s little wonder most small gun stores don’t want the bother of it all.

I would take what you say more seriously but your inability to post a coherent thought prevents that. Add to that the insults that you are tossing around leads me to this conclusion. You think you are entitled to a "fair" share of things. You are not. The OP saw something he wanted so he bought it. You, me and everyone else in this thread had the same chance. The news about Goex was public news. There was no secret inside info.

I would have loaded up also if I had known about Goex.

Don’t give up the ship keep pressing! My son same way with those black guns that just waste good ammo. Interesting he has taken some interest in shooting the Brown Bess especially since I purchased a Revolution era ammo pouch from Jim Keller that holds 29 paper cartridges! Lol now all I got to get him to do is help with making the cartridges. By the way if any of you out there looking for something similar I can vouch for the quality of his merchandise. Beautiful stuff and a nice family man! He made me this French and Indian War cartridge pouch. The pictures don’t do it any justice.
It has been a long road. My oldest is 68, my youngest is 62. Grand kids are not around much since they live all over the country. Failure is evident. :rolleyes: Dale

A local LGS owner here in Rhode Island told me he had to have a storage magazine elsewhere in the store building and a ready magazine on the sales floor. It’s little wonder most small gun stores don’t want the bother of it all.
About three years ago GOEX was running a special 'Start Up' program for dealers, even offering to assist (I do not know to what capacity) to help any interested dealer "meet local requirements to carry and store" their BP. Even offered Free signs and I think there was mention of an 'oversized display can' (?? I'd like to have one of those!!).
They had a flyer to hand out to local dealers. I handed them out all over my area but No One was interested....

There is NO WHERE in the state of Nevada to buy BP over the counter (maybe through a back door but I never found one of those Speak Easy's 🤨)

The UPS guy just dropped my BP Order from Grafs and from what the driver said in so many words because he likes the shooting sports also and knows what I get said if you see something you use for your sport order NOW and as soon as possible because of the importation deal that’s going on it will be almost Two years in not a long Delay if were going to see anything us guys like coming into this country anytime soon. That means SWISS Powder and all the others.. WOW…..

I ordered mine from Crater about 10-04 and got it yesterday FEDEX. 10 lbs mixed schuzten, swiss and OE. I should be set for along long time

Back