• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX IN STOCK AT BUFFALO ARMS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received notice my order has been picked up by FedEx. I'm getting 1.5F, and I always shoot 2F in my .50cals, but after seeing a chart comparing grain sizes (and them being out of 2F and 3F,) I figured it will work better than nothing!

Mine shipped from Buffalo the other day, was supposed to arrive today BUT;
It arrived in Sacramento at midnight, departed at 4:15 am, then at 9:45 am I got a notice it arrived BACK at Sacramento?!!?
Now they say it will deliver tomorrow, but it's now 9:00 pm and STILL has not left Sacramento?!!??!

Getting worried now, last time something like this happened I got a notice:
"Package damage, Returning to sender"
😡🤬

Plus I hate Sacramento, really really Hate the place (long story from when I used to travel a lot for work). Dont even know Why they had to send it through California at all??
Graf&Sons did the same thing (well, Fed Ex did) - package entered Nevada from the east, drove right past me by about 15 miles and straight on to California (yes, Sacramento), sat there for a day then back across the border into America once more...

Orders for powder require strategic planning.

I live well out of town, down a dirt road. Our house is 200 yards from the gate, which we need to keep closed. Black powder requires an adult signature for delivery.

Once the order is shipped, I check the tracking number a couple times a day. You clear your calendar and schedule nothing for the projected day of delivery, which is frequently subject to change. FedEx then emails when the package is "out for delivery." However, they can't give you a time of delivery. You watch, listen, don't leave home, and you wait. Keep the dogs outside so they'll bark when the truck pulls up. Don't use any noisy tools or equipment or get involved in anything you can't abandon at a moment's notice. Sprint down the driveway when you think you hear the truck. "Sprint" being a relative term when you're as old as most of us are.

They will not "hold at location" for black powder orders, i.e. they won't hold it at a delivery center or depot for you to come in and pick it up. You have to meet the truck. If delivery is missed, they will try again, at least once. They would rather have a crate of black powder on their truck for four days than hold it at the depot for an hour or two... Go figure!

It's always an adventure. So, good luck to all who ordered recently. I hope you get what you need. Here's hoping GOEX will get rolling again under new management, and WANO will keep us supplied in the interim, and continue shipping in the future.

Notchy Bob

I live well out of town, down a dirt road. Our house is 200 yards from the gate, which we need to keep closed. Black powder requires an adult signature for delivery.

Once the order is shipped, I check the tracking number a couple times a day. You clear your calendar and schedule nothing for the projected day of delivery, which is frequently subject to change. FedEx then emails when the package is "out for delivery." However, they can't give you a time of delivery. You watch, listen, don't leave home, and you wait. Keep the dogs outside so they'll bark when the truck pulls up. Don't use any noisy tools or equipment or get involved in anything you can't abandon at a moment's notice. Sprint down the driveway when you think you hear the truck. "Sprint" being a relative term when you're as old as most of us are.

They will not "hold at location" for black powder orders, i.e. they won't hold it at a delivery center or depot for you to come in and pick it up. You have to meet the truck. If delivery is missed, they will try again, at least once. They would rather have a crate of black powder on their truck for four days than hold it at the depot for an hour or two... Go figure!

It's always an adventure. So, good luck to all who ordered recently. I hope you get what you need. Here's hoping GOEX will get rolling again under new management, and WANO will keep us supplied in the interim, and continue shipping in the future.

Notchy Bob
A problem easily solved with today’s camera and will-fi systems. One assumes the driver will push a button on the gate and wait a reasonable amount of time for a response. Some systems require a wired connection however.

A problem easily solved with today’s camera and will-fi systems. One assumes the driver will push a button on the gate and wait a reasonable amount of time for a response. Some systems require a wired connection however.
🤣🤣🤣
Not the drivers I have dealt with! Some tip toe up to the door, lightly *tap tap* and within seconds hurry back to their truck to rush to their next delivery.
More then once I have answered there door only to see a note and then Chased him to the truck. Once I caught him just as he was pulling off, I shouted and waved, but he just drove off oblivious - I was in the back of the house when I heard the knock, not more then 30 sec to reach the door, it was like he had the "Sorry we missed you" note pre-filled out!?
Years ago I played that game with one (UPS) and it was the 'Third Attempt' - I was home Each Time? I had called second time and complained, but this time it was going to be sent back - I called and complained and had to demand to speak to a manager; they had to radio the driver and made him return after his route (about 9:00pm), when i looked on the poach he had Left the package without even a signature.

Oh, my package is now in Nevada, mysteriously without 'Departing' Sacramento for the second time (modern technology?!?) - BUT now they say it is "Loaded on Fed Ex truck for delivery Next Business Day" (Monday??)
...well, no worries, it is after all just part of my 'Boomer Supply'

My wise father also used to tell me; "Son, you listen to your parents, the Lord, your elders, and your own common sense for the only thing a Village ever raised was the Village Idiot."
My father was a wise man.

Notchy Bob

WANO?

The order I received a couple of weeks ago, the driver just dropped it on the porch. I’m working nights and was in bed, wife at work. Found it when I got up.

The European equivalent of Hodgdon. They send us Swiss and Schuetzen powders.

Schuetzen/WANO webpage

Notchy Bob
Schuetzen Letter.jpg

Last edited:
:p

I am very low-tech. My home surveillance and security system has paws and wags its tail, and provides an audible alarm. No buttons to push, and it leaves a very small carbon pawprint.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
:p

I am very low-tech. My home surveillance and security system has paws and wags its tail, and provides an audible alarm. No buttons to push, and it leaves a very small carbon pawprint.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
LOL. I hear you. The guy shown in my Avatar provides that also, except at 15 years he’s as deaf as his owner, as for carbon foot print I pick that up twice a day from the back yard. 😊

As a young Boomer my wise father always told me; "Son, there are the Haves and there are the Have Nots. There are Winners and there Loosers. Always put away for the future for you never know when the Millennials will come along and Destroy the present."
yes he was!!!

As a young Boomer my wise father always told me; "Son, there are the Haves and there are the Have Nots. There are Winners and there Loosers. Always put away for the future for you never know when the Millennials will come along and Destroy the present."

Hmm? 🤔

Not everyone on here is of an older age bracket. I’m 30 and love the sport. Frankly, the “cantankerous oldsters” that really enjoy putting down the youthes and are one reason rondys and long rifle shows are a sea of white hair. If anything, you guys failed to pass on the sport to young blood to ensure a profitable market for the manufacturers.

Just saying. :rolleyes:

Back