• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX IN STOCK AT BUFFALO ARMS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder order from Grafs gets dropped off this Tuesday from what the UPS Tracking tells me, I live out in corn field territory so when he comes down the road he has no other choice but to do a U turn in the driveway to get out or back up. I have seen these Drivers do some crazy stuff when it comes to moving violations. Hell I was coming home from hunting one evening and a UPS driver blew a stop sign and nearly killed me, he said sorry man.

Hmm? 🤔

Not everyone on here is of an older age bracket. I’m 30 and love the sport. Frankly, the “cantankerous oldsters” that really enjoy putting down the youthes and are one reason rondys and long rifle shows are a sea of white hair. If anything, you guys failed to pass on the sport to young blood to ensure a profitable market for the manufacturers.

Just saying. :rolleyes:
Don't include all grey beards in your statement regarding youth in the sport. Many clubs and individuals participate in many Youth related functions, boy & girl scouts, 4H, Wild Turkey Federation, etc, in an attempt to bring them into the fold. Truth be told if the schools concentrated more on American history it woul also help. The NMLRA has a major youth program that runs throughout the year with various programs. I think you will find grey beards are the primary promoters, instructors and mentors.

Hmm? 🤔

Not everyone on here is of an older age bracket. I’m 30 and love the sport. Frankly, the “cantankerous oldsters” that really enjoy putting down the youthes and are one reason rondys and long rifle shows are a sea of white hair. If anything, you guys failed to pass on the sport to young blood to ensure a profitable market for the manufacturers.

32 here and I hate hearing old farts blame everything on the young. We aren’t the ones that have let our representatives enact policies over the past 30 years that erode our freedoms. It’s up to people our age to get our friends into this sport before it’s dead and leave the “get off my lawn” crew to complaining on message boards.

I see some of your posts on Reddit as well so it’s nice to see some crossover. The sky isn’t falling, someone will fill the void. If not then we will just make do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't include all grey beards in your statement regarding youth in the sport. Many clubs and individuals participate in many Youth related functions, boy & girl scouts, 4H, Wild Turkey Federation, etc, in an attempt to bring them into the fold. Truth be told if the schools concentrated more on American history it woul also help. The NMLRA has a major youth program that runs throughout the year with various programs. I think you will find grey beards are the primary promoters, instructors and mentors.

I didn’t. I only called out the ones putting down the youthes. Specifically, the extra cantankerous ones. The ones that need to dial down the cantankerous scale a click or two LOL.

Hmm? 🤔

If you think my pop and I are "cantankerous", then I suppose it's a good thing my Grandfather isn't still around...and my Grandmother, now there is some 'cantankerous' for you! I remember once, in her 80s, she was in the backyard jump roping just to show how cantankerous she was.

Young ones today think they have it so rough, growing up under today's "gray beards" 🤣 shoulda been around 60 years ago growing up under them Gray Beards!! "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Kid" was the moto back then 🤣

But, the age old tell of "The Grasshopper and the Ants" hold true today as it did since even before my great Grand pappy.
Always enjoy the day of plenty but put some back for the days of not. That old tree stump had great meaning back before any of us where born and it will still have meaning when my great Grand grad children come along.
The "Gray Beards" can only pass information down the line, but it is up to the next generation to head, listen, and learn then pass it to next.

Now TURN THAT DARN (expletive) RAP NOISE OFF AND GET OUT THERE SHOOTING!!
(Yan that's a toned down version of another saying my wise gray beard father used to tell me)

Darn FedEx, they have changed my delivery date to Tuesday now!!
Didn't used to take this long back in Gray Beard days...

This thru an email….. 8ED9E878-AEF9-4426-AFD9-A5F88D36DFF3.jpeg

What I find most odd here is that after reading several posts (this thread and a couple others on this board) where the youngsters are complaining the elders are hoarding and robbing from them; a 'Boomer' speaks out then the accusations "cantankerous old ones" begin to fly.
Sometimes you have step back and start reading Threads from the beginning.

I have a couple youngsters here who love to boast about the "thousands of (unmentionable) rounds they have stockpiled". I called them a couple months ago and told them BP was back in stock but I was told "Naw, I'm good, still gotta couple cans".
Since then they went to a couple CV events, shooting blank smoke in the air, pumping their fists and shouting "Whoop! Whoop!".
Now, I called them again the Monday that Goex announced the closing and told them they need to get an order in NOW! (No where here to buy local). But I was told again "Naw, I still have a can and a half and a buddy still has a can. Besides I just got another thousand (xxx). I'm good".

Well, they are returning from another CV event...I got text; "Hey bro, you know where I can get some BP?"
I replied; "Nope, all gone now"
He replied; "You got any extra you can spare?"

......sorry, I dont got no 'Extra' to spare to shoot smoke in the air and pump my fist shouting "Whoop! Whoop!"
Truly, I don't. ... said the Ant to the Grasshopper.

I agree that some of us may come off as cantankerous but there's a difference between cantankerous and being strict when it comes to youngsters and safety. Most of us grey beards have a worse bark than bite.

Okay, so FedEx has gone totally mad!
First I get text saying "Prepare for delivery Thursday, Adult signature required"
Then I get a text telling me "Delivery Update, Friday"
Then Thursday night another text saying "!Package Delayed, expected delivery Saturday"
(Tracking showed it got half way here and turned around to last connection station...?)
Then Friday another text "!Unexpected Delay! Expected Delivery next business day Monday"
Then on Saturday (yesterday 4:50pm) another text "We Attempted to deliver but no one home" - ??!?
Next attempt will be Tuesday...??

Okay, I have been home All Day, no note on door, I am really confused so I called them...auto machine answers of course, can not understand my questions so I finally get a Live Person (Remarkable!)

The guy tells me "Sir we dont deliver on Saturday, that cost extra..."
So I read off all the texts they have sent, he checks the system "Yes sir, we just tried to deliver, you should have a sticker on your door?"
"No, no sticker"
So he reads the screen, "Well they tried so 2nd attempt will be Tuesday and after that we will only make one more attempt ..."
I asked "What happened to Monday?"
He says "I dont know, the system says Tuesday"
(Both of us forgetting that Monday is Columbus Day..)

So, after a long session of polite bickering (being told conflicting details) we both agree that IF someone truly just tried to deliver and truly left a "sticker" on the door then it was the Wrong Door, he put some notes in the log.
We hung up and I wait for Tuesday Delivery....

Today (Sunday), a knock on the door, my wife answers and a FedEx guy hands her a box and runs off...no signature required?

What has happened to our Pony Express system????
(I know, this is FedEx not USPS, but still!!)

My FedEx delivery was supposed to be this Monday, got a email that said failed delivery Saturday. Now Tuesday is what the delivery date is. My old boomer ass will have sit and wait all day Tuesday.

Okay, so FedEx has gone totally mad!
First I get text saying "Prepare for delivery Thursday, Adult signature required"
Then I get a text telling me "Delivery Update, Friday"
Then Thursday night another text saying "!Package Delayed, expected delivery Saturday"
(Tracking showed it got half way here and turned around to last connection station...?)
Then Friday another text "!Unexpected Delay! Expected Delivery next business day Monday"
Then on Saturday (yesterday 4:50pm) another text "We Attempted to deliver but no one home" - ??!?
Next attempt will be Tuesday...??

Okay, I have been home All Day, no note on door, I am really confused so I called them...auto machine answers of course, can not understand my questions so I finally get a Live Person (Remarkable!)

The guy tells me "Sir we dont deliver on Saturday, that cost extra..."
So I read off all the texts they have sent, he checks the system "Yes sir, we just tried to deliver, you should have a sticker on your door?"
"No, no sticker"
So he reads the screen, "Well they tried so 2nd attempt will be Tuesday and after that we will only make one more attempt ..."
I asked "What happened to Monday?"
He says "I dont know, the system says Tuesday"
(Both of us forgetting that Monday is Columbus Day..)

So, after a long session of polite bickering (being told conflicting details) we both agree that IF someone truly just tried to deliver and truly left a "sticker" on the door then it was the Wrong Door, he put some notes in the log.
We hung up and I wait for Tuesday Delivery....

Today (Sunday), a knock on the door, my wife answers and a FedEx guy hands her a box and runs off...no signature required?

What has happened to our Pony Express system????
(I know, this is FedEx not USPS, but still!!)

My work has me ordering several overnight/next day FedEx packages daily, most of which are time sensitive. I heard an update on Friday from someone else in supply chain at an account I work in - he said that FedEx has an estimated 600,000 overnight packages delayed and even more than that regular delivery. Over the last 6 months it has been a manure shoot on getting shipments on time. This unfortunately will be the norm for quite some time I’m afraid. At least you got your goods!

Just got email stating again a failed delivery today. Said last attempt would be next business day. Brother was home all day and nobody rang doorbell. He said that he saw the truck tracks yesterday but did not see any today. Guess driver is mad about having to work.

Just got email stating again a failed delivery today. Said last attempt would be next business day. Brother was home all day and nobody rang doorbell. He said that he saw the truck tracks yesterday but did not see any today. Guess driver is mad about having to work.
When the FedEx guy (on phone) told me only get "two more tries" that is when I had to say 'Hold On! You say first said you Dont deliver on Saturday, now you tell me someone tried but left a Sticker on my door?? There is No sticker on my door! I don't want my package going Back because you either A tried to deliver to Wrong Address or B someone is "Miss Scanning Packages at the office" ' (another excuse he tried to hand me)

I would say it was my phone call that prompted the unexpected Sunday delivery - nothing in their records stacked up and he was even confused once he began going over it - he even had me on hold for a while as he "checked it out".

I have never had to order powder on line and after hearing your experience I am thankful. Two hour round trip to pick it up but I always try and get enough to make it worth the drive.

Back