• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex buy online auction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have seen several online auctions with blackpower in them. I was a little worried about buying BP from an auction . I said what the heck when I found one that had 6 cans of Goex, 4 were 2F, 1 was 3F and 1 was 4F. They also came with 3 bags, 2 large belts 2.5 " wide by 55" long and a Hatchet holder (I believe ) that matches one of the bags.
I was relieved when I received the powder and all cans had a pound in them and it was in new condition. The bags were nice to boot!
I guess the powder and bags were from a personal collection from someone who was active in the Northern Free Trappers Club. One of the bags have several event tags from the 90's on it.
20220531_161147.jpg
20220531_160501.jpg

I see this pretty often and am set on powder so I stay away from it. Have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for selling or buying this way but since it is prohibited I avoid it. Most of the folks that sell at Gun Shows and Auctions have little knowledge of what is required to sell and ship real BP.

Auctions...for basic gun supplies. That's what it's come to.
The seller knows what he paid and knows what it's worth. Selling to the highest bidder seems cheap and tawdry. Says a lot about a man's character.
Just my two cents and worth every penny.

It is the cheapest powder that I have ever bought, almost like it came free with the bags. There was 12 more pounds that sold for a little less than 10$ a pound. Plus shipping. So was not someone trying to rip off someone just trying to clear out "junk" in there eyes I guess.
I'm sure my "junk" will be sold off the same way when I'm gone.

It is the cheapest powder that I have ever bought, almost like it came free with the bags. There was 12 more pounds that sold for a little less than 10$ a pound. Plus shipping. So was not someone trying to rip off someone just trying to clear out "junk" in there eyes I guess.
I'm sure my "junk" will be sold off the same way when I'm gone.
After I'm dead my daughter, and whoever else will probably hock all my old "gun junk" dirt cheap too

You don't own anything, you just borrow it until you die :)

Hopefully I won't leave behind any black powder because I plan to shoot every last grain even if they're wheeling me up in a gurney to cap 2 off per day.

Plus a collection of hopefully worn out firearms , all like "I guess Dad liked to shoot all these things are beat up "

Auctions...for basic gun supplies. That's what it's come to.
The seller knows what he paid and knows what it's worth. Selling to the highest bidder seems cheap and tawdry. Says a lot about a man's character.
Just my two cents and worth every penny.
Actually many sellers, regardless whether guns, tractors, prints, books, etc etc have no valid idea of what their items are worth. Some think it's worth a mint. Some undervalue. Many are too feckless to research. And unless their is significant trade in the item, past sales may not be reliable indicators. But, for discussion, let's assume the seller knows. Now he has to find someone who wants it at his price. Not every gun or related item is in high demand. And for various reasons the seller may be in a legitimate hurry to sell.
The auction is the easy way out. If you are worried about selling too cheap, some sales will let you set a reserve price.
There have been auctions since 500 BC. So they must serve valid purposes.
PS-At one point in retirement I worked part time at a huge auto auction. Was a lot of fun watching used car dealers trying to out weasel each other.

After I'm dead my daughter, and whoever else will probably hock all my old "gun junk" dirt cheap too
since my daughters are both shooters and one a SASS shooter they well may sell my stuff., but they and my sons-in-law know what "stuff" is worth there will be no estate sale "bargins" bring cash and a lot of it..
Bunk

Risky business selling powder when shipping it, especially black powder. Don't know about the buyer, but shipper is risking a lot...
Every shipper asks if there's anything flammable or explosive , and at the very least FedEx will hit you with the hazmat fee

I bought a bunch of caps from a private seller off GB , and he just shipped em in a USPS Flat Rate box. I'm like I'm willing to roll the dice if you are.

Back