• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex, back in business

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our club was able to secure some old stock at the beginning of the summer. A bulk container of 2f and a case of mostly 3f with some Dupont cans and 1st production Goex cans. I'm sure there are lots of private stockpiles out there of old stock. About 5 years ago one of our members was asked to inventory and help price a deceased gentleman's collection. Among the many other items were 50 cases of Goex powder. We were able to get 2 for a very reasonable price.

I opened my new Muzzle Blast Magazine today and on the inside cover was a full page add that Goex was making black powder again. I don't know about delivery dates but apparently you can go on line and find out about that for your area.
Sure made my day to hear this good news ! 😄
Yeah, the bad news is, nobody is making or importing percussion caps, except for those making their own.

Our club was able to secure some old stock at the beginning of the summer. A bulk container of 2f and a case of mostly 3f with some Dupont cans and 1st production Goex cans. I'm sure there are lots of private stockpiles out there of old stock. About 5 years ago one of our members was asked to inventory and help price a deceased gentleman's collection. Among the many other items were 50 cases of Goex powder. We were able to get 2 for a very reasonable price.
Those Dupont cans might be worth as much to a collector as you paid for all that powder.

50 CASES? Wow....

50 Cases????

What was he stocking up for :)

I couldn't use that much if I went shooting once per week for the rest of my life

50 CASES???!!!!!

March at the earliest according to the rep who was at Friendship earlier this year (Anita?).
Well, that is not so bad as long as it actually is going to happen. I did stock up on some powder from a gun show last fall. I bought five full cans of Goex and four partials as I remember it and 7 boxes of caps at 15 bucks a hundred which I thought outrageous but I knew there were non others to be had in AK at any price.
I have several lbs of Triple 7 I may have to experiment with after hearing these reports of how fast it is. I picked it up from a Widow that was trying to dispose of it from her late husbands collection.

Back