Goex, back in business

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

M. De Land

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I opened my new Muzzle Blast Magazine today and on the inside cover was a full page add that Goex was making black powder again. I don't know about delivery dates but apparently you can go on line and find out about that for your area.
Sure made my day to hear this good news ! 😄

JRL1164

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I opened my new Muzzle Blast Magazine today and on the inside cover was a full page add that Goex was making black powder again. I don't know about delivery dates but apparently you can go on line and find out about that for your area.
That certainly is good news!

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Our club was able to secure some old stock at the beginning of the summer. A bulk container of 2f and a case of mostly 3f with some Dupont cans and 1st production Goex cans. I'm sure there are lots of private stockpiles out there of old stock. About 5 years ago one of our members was asked to inventory and help price a deceased gentleman's collection. Among the many other items were 50 cases of Goex powder. We were able to get 2 for a very reasonable price.

Reaction score
Yeah, the bad news is, nobody is making or importing percussion caps, except for those making their own.

Reaction score
Our club was able to secure some old stock at the beginning of the summer. A bulk container of 2f and a case of mostly 3f with some Dupont cans and 1st production Goex cans. I'm sure there are lots of private stockpiles out there of old stock. About 5 years ago one of our members was asked to inventory and help price a deceased gentleman's collection. Among the many other items were 50 cases of Goex powder. We were able to get 2 for a very reasonable price.
Those Dupont cans might be worth as much to a collector as you paid for all that powder.

Reaction score
Yeah, the bad news is, nobody is making or importing percussion caps, except for those making their own.
Midway has #10's available at the moment. That's were I found #11's about a month ago.

Reaction score
50 CASES? Wow....

Reaction score
50 Cases????

What was he stocking up for :)

I couldn't use that much if I went shooting once per week for the rest of my life

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score

50 CASES???!!!!!

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
There were also other items that necessitated the involvement of appropriate authorities. He did have a distribution license which made the goex collection ok.

I didn’t have a problem with it at all. Just curious.
And jealous too.

M. De Land

75 Cal.
Reaction score
March at the earliest according to the rep who was at Friendship earlier this year (Anita?).
Well, that is not so bad as long as it actually is going to happen. I did stock up on some powder from a gun show last fall. I bought five full cans of Goex and four partials as I remember it and 7 boxes of caps at 15 bucks a hundred which I thought outrageous but I knew there were non others to be had in AK at any price.
I have several lbs of Triple 7 I may have to experiment with after hearing these reports of how fast it is. I picked it up from a Widow that was trying to dispose of it from her late husbands collection.