• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goex (again 😀 )

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Goex all the best. I really do. But this whole episode of Hodgdon closing Goex, then saying they would sell the Goex name, then the US Govt slow rolling the permits to Estes Energetics.......

has caused me to solve MY black powder supply problem. And that's for the rest of my planned natural lifespan. Swiss/Shuetzen stepped up to the plate and got us powder in the USA (and musket caps!).

I actually sat down and inventoried my powder to the grain - container weight. I then figured out how many shots of ffg, fffg, ffffg I used per year + waste. I then ordered enough powder to fill that gap. Shuetzen got my money. And no I did NOT violate any Fed law in doing so.

I wish Goex all the best.
Swiss/Shuetzen stepped up to the plate and got us powder in the USA (and musket caps!).
Yes..I wish Goex all the best too..
Swiss & Schuetzen has stepped up to the plate and made powder available for shooters since the Goex fiasco started. Also...Goex doesn't support the hobby while Swiss/Schuetzen gives FREE powder away to clubs as prizes, offers a Christmas drawing of 25 pounds annually, and also to individual shooters across the country. I don't see Goex doing that at all.
I haven't slowed down shooting at all the past 2-3 years and will continue to support Swiss and Schuetzen as long as I can pull the trigger.
While others are waiting for Goex to get powder back on the shelves which may take many more months to happen, I'm pulling the trigger 2-3 days a week ( or more ) using Swiss and Schuetzen which is available right now.
Thank you Swiss/Schuetzen for keeping the America shooters going during this time.

1BP .jpg

@B P Maniac Shooter that's my thoughts too but I'm happy to see that goex is coming back. They are going to have to be competitive and competition is good for us.
I keep plenty of Schuetzen & Swiss around.
I hope Goex is competitive. Guess we will have to wait and see.
I wish them well...

Yes..I wish Goex all the best too..
Swiss & Schuetzen has stepped up to the plate and made powder available for shooters since the Goex fiasco started. Also...Goex doesn't support the hobby while Swiss/Schuetzen gives FREE powder away to clubs as prizes, offers a Christmas drawing of 25 pounds annually, and also to individual shooters across the country. I don't see Goex doing that at all.
I haven't slowed down shooting at all the past 2-3 years and will continue to support Swiss and Schuetzen as long as I can pull the trigger.
While others are waiting for Goex to get powder back on the shelves which may take many more months to happen, I'm pulling the trigger 2-3 days a week ( or more ) using Swiss and Schuetzen which is available right now.
Thank you Swiss/Schuetzen for keeping the America shooters going during this time.

View attachment 204091
I've never used Schuetzen, But I hear Schuetzen is a good powder, I've never used it. All of my experience has been Goex and Swiss. Swiss is the best, but that doesn't mean Goex ain't no good!

Last edited:
Yes, but when Goex comes back on line, I prefer supporting American businesses.
Although I do agree with buying American......

Goex doesn't support the hobby while Swiss/Schuetzen gives FREE powder away to clubs as prizes, offers a Christmas drawing of 25 pounds annually, and also to individual shooters across the country. I didn't see Goex doing that at all.

Maybe it is time for an American company to support America shooters.....just saying...

Although I do agree with buying American......

Goex doesn't support the hobby while Swiss/Schuetzen gives FREE powder away to clubs as prizes, offers a Christmas drawing of 25 pounds annually, and also to individual shooters across the country. I didn't see Goex doing that at all.

Maybe it is time for an American company to support America shooters.....just saying...
Yeah, but remember, Goex is an all-new total ownership outfit now! Owned by the rocket-engine guys, a totally USA company as far as I know. It's simply a new chapter for the brand name, the new Goex may step up and be a real boon to the ML world!

Schuetzen does everything I need Blackpowder to do, I'll continue to buy it
Same here.....it shoots just as good as Goex, however, when I comes to cleaning a gun, Schuetzen is far easier to clean. 5-7 minutes is all I do to clean a gun.
Goex usually takes me 20-30 minutes to achieve the same results.
I still have 3-4 pounds of Goex left ....but quit using it because of the cleaning issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back