• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

God, Guns & Guts Dinner Display......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I host a God Guns & Guts Dinner at my church every year just before deer season opens. I invite anyone that wants to attend to a free meal, they get to hear a God inspired message, a chance to talk to a Kentucky Game Warden about hunting laws, etc and I give away gift certificates as door prizes.
In 2019, I asked several fellows to bring some guns for display.

Here is the display I put together:

View attachment 78941
Love this idea , thanks for posting it.
I think I'm going to ponder over doing the same type event at our church ⛪ Great Share Mark 👍

I would swag any state north of the Mason/Dixon line, or that one on the west coast.😁
I presume you are refering to the Golden State, but there are two others that are every bit outrages, They just don`t have the notorious Nancy .

Buzz

Last edited by a moderator:
A church near me, not mine, does something similar but the focus on modern string rifles and unmentionable rifles. Great game dishes offered at it. You're making me think I should ask to set up my primitive bows and my flintlocks.
Good on you.

I asked the ladies to bring in potluck dishes. I bought chicken and they brought all the best stuff you can find at any church picnic.
I love old church cookbooks; if I see one at a yard sale it knows it's found a new home. Tasty, unpretentious food using everyday ingredients, usually with a handful of fancy desserts thrown in.

CHURCH PICNECKT'S ARE KILLER!! go to all of them! also when you go by any church and see a sign that they are having a church supper, stop & go in!

Were any sasquatch harmed that evening?
No.....However....I'm going to take BigFoot with me to the GGG Dinner this fall and show the shooters that I've been protecting their ladies this year....LOL

BIGFOOT.jpg
l

I love events like this at church. Our church also has themed events where everyone can meet and make friends.
I have participated in First Church Love's Candy Nights several times. We made desserts and treated others, shared recipes and had workshops. At the end of the evening, we donated all the proceeds from the evening to a local orphanage.
As for guns, I believe that they can only be dangerous in the hands of people with evil intentions. Guns by themselves can do nothing.

I'm late to this party, but would like to commend the @B P Maniac Shooter for a great idea and a terrific display!

An excellent "community outreach" for black powder shooting.

Good on you, Mark!

Notchy Bob
I would LOVE to show you the video ad I ran at church during the announcements
for 5-6 Sunday mornings before the GGG dinner.
You would get kick out of it...LOL
Unfortunately, it has modern guns in it.
The virus stuff killed it last year, but, I'll probably get the GGG Dinner up & running again this fall.

Keep politics out of this thread folks.
BUt why stop there & not keep the religious lunacy out of here as well? This isnt a church & all things religion/church related need to stay where they belong - only within the walls of the church. Not in our govt, not in our pub schools, & not in our gun & hunting forums.

BUt why stop there & not keep the religious lunacy out of here as well? This isnt a church & all things religion/church related need to stay where they belong - only within the walls of the church. Not in our govt, not in our pub schools, & not in our gun & hunting forums.
Yep, because we know that all the craziness, rioting, thuggary, and mass murders commited in this country are all devout Christian god fearing people. It would be terrible if more people were exposed to their radical views of right and wrong.

Latest posts

Back