• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Go figure....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Wheelers

Pilgrim
Reaction score
My nephew comes by last night so we can go hunt this morning.

I'm after him all evening and thus morning reminding to double check everything.

We get to our spots this morning. I hunker down. I go into my satchel to get a cap. Move the thermos and snacks around. Check the other pockets.....nothing.

Here I am so concerned about the kid I forget my caps. Well.....at least I'm against a comfy tree and decent weather. I'm sure I'll see the deer of a lifetime too.....go figure.

I'm after him all evening and thus morning reminding to double check everything.

We get to our spots this morning. I hunker down. I go into my satchel to get a cap. Move the thermos and snacks around. Check the other pockets.....nothing.

Here I am so concerned about the kid I forget my caps. Well.....at least I'm against a comfy tree and decent weather. I'm sure I'll see the deer of a lifetime too.....go figure.
Oops.
You need a flintlock :)

I drove to the property I hunt a couple weeks ago and forgot everything. My rifle, pack, blaze orange, jacket... Literally everything I need to hunt. Luckily I'm only about 25 minutes from where I hunt so I just ran back home real quick and still got in a good hunt.

I drove to the property I hunt a couple weeks ago and forgot everything. My rifle, pack, blaze orange, jacket... Literally everything I need to hunt. Luckily I'm only about 25 minutes from where I hunt so I just ran back home real quick and still got in a good hunt.
Did that on a range trip once. Exactly a one hour drive each way. Sigh...
Walk

way back when our group arrived at the hunting zone and I discovered my boots were at home and I had to hunt with the house shoes I was wearing. they didn't hold up well.

It can happen to anyone,
One year ago I was shooting at the range with my wife and when I had finish I toke all my niamaniama and came back to home.
My wife takes her Sharps and all that shee have with that...

My first question:
- Did you take my Hawken ?
- No, why ?
- It is not in the car....

You know what, guys: I never did go so quickly in my whole life to go back at 25 miles from home.... :D:D

yep,once while on the way out huntin, I stopped to fillup while waiting for the nozzle to click off I thought I'd check my hunting pack. The gas pump clicked , and I topped i t off, went inside to pay and immediately drove off with my pack sitting on the bumper.I lost a good release [bowhuntin], a Buck knife, and asst'd accessories. Felt pretty foolisho_O

Fell into same but just target. Top of strike anywhere kitchen match worked great. Tiny bit of spit sticks it to top of nipple. Now if I'm going hunting I carry bit of foil and a waterproof container of those matches as back up.

The "cap" problem can be taken care of by going flintlock as Nate suggested. The other stuff, well, I just don't know.

Back