• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GM Barrels fromTOTW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a custom made H Leman type .54 rifle with a Green Mountain Barrel with no manufacture's marks because the maker removed any marks and stamped it with Leman's marks .
This is what TOTW have on their page on GM Barrels :Green Mountain Muzzle Loading Rifle Barrels are premium quality barrels in every sense! A small trade mark and caliber mark is stamped near the breech

The only GM barrel that I still own is a .32 cal marked exactly as mentioned above…
A small logo & caliber marked near the breech..

No Serial number or Warning on it..

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone who has purchased a Green Mountain barrel from TOTW could answer a question for me.
What markings are stamped on the barrel?
I purchased a 50cal drop in barrel, for a Thompson Center Hawkens, 2 years ago. There are no stampings on the barrel, at all. No caliber, no warning, no GM trademark.
I e-mailed TOTW wondering why no markings? Was told not everyone likes them. REALLY!
If I tried to sell this barrel, how could I prove it's a GM barrel? Some one other than myself would wonder"What caliber is this".
Just wondering if anyone has this experience?
Thanks,
Flycaster
All the GM barrels I've ever purchased, either from Track or anywhere else had their logo on it. A circle with a mountain in the middle of it. I've built over 200 guns. I've never seen a GM barrel unmarked. Semper FI.

After shooting my GM drop-in barrel for a few months I have to say it is very rough inside, it is just an OK shooter, not near the same as the GM barrel I have on my .40 TN rifle which as smooth as silk and shoots cloverleafs with any load I stuff down the barrel.

I had some unexpected surface rust in my barrels after a month-long wet spell, I bought a bigger dehumiditer rod for my gun safe and solved the problem.

I have a Teslong bore scope which will cause a panic when you look in a bore that has the slightest hint of rust. After seeing a tiny bit of rust in my barrels I thought I gave every one of them a scotch bright, JB bore paste, followed by JB bore shine treatment. Perhaps I overlooked the TC GM barrel.

After hunting season, I will see if I can smooth out the TC GM barrel, I bought an Ed Woods Coning to in .54 that I plan to use on the barrel as well.

After shooting my GM drop-in barrel for a few months I have to say it is very rough inside, it is just an OK shooter, not near the same as the GM barrel I have on my .40 TN rifle which as smooth as silk and shoots cloverleafs with any load I stuff down the barrel.

I had some unexpected surface rust in my barrels after a month-long wet spell, I bought a bigger dehumiditer rod for my gun safe and solved the problem.

I have a Teslong bore scope which will cause a panic when you look in a bore that has the slightest hint of rust. After seeing a tiny bit of rust in my barrels I thought I gave every one of them a scotch bright, JB bore paste, followed by JB bore shine treatment. Perhaps I overlooked the TC GM barrel.

After hunting season, I will see if I can smooth out the TC GM barrel, I bought an Ed Woods Coning to in .54 that I plan to use on the barrel as well.
I realize it's an old thread but.....I have to agree on that. I love my 54's and 32's from GM, smooooth, but the later issue 40 that I got shredded patches into confetti.

Back