• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GM 21" Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any yall worked with the GM fast twist 21" drop-in barrels?
Kept one of the fifties over the years in case of making a run on the local hogs in the thickets.

Developed a bullet design with a forward groove and small hollow base to tuck the paper in.

But now those thickets are a thousand miles away!

Sharp rifle. Just been foolin with a 50 barrel off a Renegade. Thought about cuttin it back and now thinkin I should yank the trigger on the hacksaw.

That makes a real good lookin rifle/carbine. Only thing better may be a 54. Maybe ...

I just gave one to my grandson. A .50 White Mountain Carbine I bought from a widow lady. I gave her $300 for the carbine as it was in very nice condition. I think all three of us profited from the deal. It’s a nifty little rig and I’m encouraging the grandson to consider sending it over to Bobby Hoyt for a rebore to a slow twist ball shooter.

I acquired one I also have white mountain carbines in 50 and 54. on my gm 21 inch 50 cal I use no excuse 460 grain and no excuse 600 gr with 80 gr Olde Eynesford 2F got it sighted 1 inch high at 25 yards. it drops the hogs quick

Good grief ... 600 grain ahead of 80 grains OE 2F ... wowww!!! Betcha that gets your attention when the trigger is caressed.

Good grief ... 600 grain ahead of 80 grains OE 2F ... wowww!!! Betcha that gets your attention when the trigger is caressed.
Look at the photographs of the hogs Howie has tagged. Purpose is to get the hogs attention quick and end it. Doubt when hunting Howie feels anything from recoil. Myself, I only really feel recoil at the range.

Yes and no doubt ... but gotta shoot it nough to be comfortable with the accuracy of the rifle n load.

My unmentionable that shoots 120 grains 2F powder and was a 12 + pound rifle, took me to flinchville every outing. Bout 20 is all I wanted with it shooting my 600 grain paper patched bullets. Always shot it last.

On the other hand, betcha those 600's drill rite into the boiler and reak havoc in a grand style.

I feel the recoil when I am practicing but hunting I hear the roar of the gun and the smoke. My white mountain carbine have a factory recoil pad the renegade with the GM 21 inch barrel. Has one so does my treehawk greyhawk black mountain magnum. My hawken style muzzleloaders and my flintlock I refuse to shoot those heavy bullets out of them I tried it and. The brass curved buttplate digs into my shoulder a little to much

It could have been useful in the backyard in southeast Texas (Liberty County just south of you Howie) but the deer mostly all had names and brought their kids over to entertain the better 2/3's.

Back