• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Glad I left it in the white

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really happy a poster recommended to leave my Pedersoli flintlock pistol kit in the white as it’s finally starting to develop a nice grey natural patina. I normally prefer the aged plum rust brown of old antique guns but “in the white” really has grown on me. Upkeep hasn’t been much of an issue. I handle it purposely quite often to impart hand oils, sweat, etc and after a couple days wipe down with Barricade. Haven’t shot it much since we lost our club range site but the new site is almost completed and I can’t wait to make some smoke with it. Once shooting again I’ll wipe down with some used cleaning patches, which someone recommended, to help speed things along.

8B5E6077-172B-459B-B185-4C775991C472.jpeg

IMO there's nothing like a gunmetal finish that occurs naturally - I've always let the brass furniture on my rifles age likewise.

vebulA7m.jpg

Latest posts

Back