• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gilbert SC Checking In

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthur Pewty

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Good morning. New member checking in. Just moved to South Carolina from Fort Worth, Texas. I'll miss Texas but I wont miss the DFW area. 9 million people living in close proximity to each other never sends well. Half of them are crazy, the other half are mad at the crazy ones. I am an airplane mechanic by trade. I also tinker with a motorcycle from time to time.

I got a CVA Hawken 50 cal percussion rifle kit for Christmas when I was 15 (in 1981), I love that thing. I took of few bucks from the sale of my house in Fort Worth and bought a Pedersoli flintlock a few days ago. Always wanted a real flintlock...looks like Midway sent me a lemon but that's a story for another thread. I'll figure out where to post that question later this morning, after I search a little.

Welcome from New England!

Just drove through NC & SC and that Francis Marion, the 'Swamp Fox', natural State Forrest was wild and HUGE! Miles, miles wide by far, as the road through the center looks like a 60mph highway, 1 lane each way. There's even a rifle range inside there, but didn't see any signs about hunting. There were 'SC Welcomes Hunters' signs on the highways though.

There are two clubs that shoot regularly in SC, one in Swansea and the other in Gray Court. Message me if you want the information.

Back