• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting the ladies involved with black powder shooting.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I'm wild about his choice of targets, that being something of a human likeness, but the premise is good; make it fun, challenging, and reinforce success by instant feedback with reactive targets.

I've tried to get my wife involved. She asked me how my day was at the range and I tell her, it would be awesome if I didn't have to make a two Mike trek each way carrying everything I need to the firing line over rough terrain. Some overhead cover would be awesome and a place to sit down would just be more then I could expect.
KIMG0096.JPG
KIMG0099.JPG

Yeh, it's pretty awfull. Hope she never asks to see pictures.

I am on the verge of getting married and my girl is a great shot, with airgun. Firearms are not allowed in her country but once I get her over here, she plans to shoot quite a bit, including muzzleloader. 😍

I get a big kick out of your vids, and watching you and the ladies shoot has been a lot of fun.
I see your listed as a pilgrim, so I’m glad your now on the forum.
I love how your willing to share your clatches and misses with use. Watching you is like a five minute range visit in real life... warts and all

I've tried to get my wife involved. She asked me how my day was at the range and I tell her, it would be awesome if I didn't have to make a two Mike trek each way carrying everything I need to the firing line over rough terrain. Some overhead cover would be awesome and a place to sit down would just be more then I could expect. View attachment 37128View attachment 37129
Yeh, it's pretty awfull. Hope she never asks to see pictures.

A Mans gotta do what a Mans gotta do....

Got a bath house?

F1-C18-FF4-C4-D2-48-CB-B52-A-6187-A91-CF9-D1.jpg

Lol
It’s a rough Life....

It does give the Ladies something too appreciate...

And it’s nice too have a warm seat early in the morning , For that better part of the day....

The big thing about getting women to shoot is that they must have a gun that fits. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a woman struggling on the shooting line with her husbands old gun that he couldn't make work either. Don't go big bore on the gun. 36 or 40 caliber is plenty for a first gun. You may have to go custom to get one that fits. My wife shoots a .50 smoothbore flintlock by Mike Lea and a .36 Flint rifle. Make it fun and here's a tip to save your relationship. Have someone else teach her to shoot.

My wife, daughter and daughter in law shoot with us anytime we pull out any type of weapon.
We as a family have always hunted together and enjoy our time on the range just as much together.
To my way of thinking make it enjoyable and make sure whatever equipment they have fits properly and they will always show up the men in our house.
Heck they even help with clean up and safe stowage afterwards.

A few years back, I was shooting my flint 'Grapefruit Slayer' during holiday hours when members would bring families & kids to shoot. A highschool-age girl was busy watching me load, prime & shoot, exploding grapefruit out at the 100 yard line. Daddy had "built her" a pink camouflage suppressed thing-a-ma-jig and was busy shooting it. She was bored and wanted more 'hands-on' time actually shooting. Destroying a grapefruit with a .54 PRB with her first shot convinced her this was the kind of shooting she wanted to do & soon she was loading, priming and firing all on her own. Daddy tried to call her back to shoot the plastic thingie, but was wise enough to see where her real interest was, and asked about where to get a flint rifle for her upcoming birthday.
Next time I saw her was about 6 months later. She had a group of Girl Scouts and was teaching them how to bust water balloons with her own flint GPR.

Back