• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Getting Started with Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is it as easy as they make it sound? Yeah,, if your replacing a TC Double with a Davis double.
But if your going to change a TC single to a TC double,,
Well then, there's a bit more to chew.

Learned a lot reading this . I just got a TC Renegade. 50 and I am brand new to black powder guns all together.

I’m also beginning to figure out why so many hate bore butter. I used it for storage In my Inline muzzleloader and when I went to clean it I had a brown residue that was not rust. Very difficult to get out even with hot soapy water.

How would using the mink oil as a long term storage rust preventative work?

That brown residue is just really dried out Bore Butter.

I'm a big fan of Barricade for a rust preventative. It doesn't take much of it, just a light coating. It dries to a rust preventative film. It can even be left in the bore and go straight to shooting if you want, but I do notice that it takes a few more cleaning patches when cleaning if I do so, not a ton more but I can tell a difference. I generally strip it out with denatured alcohol before shooting.
It is a good idea to store the rifle with the bore down if you use some kind of oil for a rust preventative, you don't want it to get into the flame channel.

Back