• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDES

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends where you are. Not much in the way of muzzle loading stuff at the gun shows in my area. The local shop (20 miles away) here is very expensive and limits the amount you can buy. It is easier and cheaper for me to buy in bulk online, even with the shipping and hazmat fees. So I guess that is being lazy but I have other things to do besides traipsing all over for supplies....and not much time left in which to do them! Correction, my shop is 56 miles away...what am I thinking?!

Last edited:
Powder at 23 bucks a pound shipped is available. Caps, well, hard to find but available. I make my own now and will NEVER buy another cap again for as long as I live. But I agree, get off yer arses and decide if you wanna shoot or sit on the porch!

Not a can of black powder sold within hundreds of miles from me...

When I go on line however, and check out places like Grafs, I see they are fully stocked with the decent brand Schuetzen. I bought a case of their 3F a few weeks ago for about 23 bucks per can. I just checked their site again, and all Schuetzen powder is in stock. The Swiss has been out for some time however...

To expand on my post, I know where one can get RWS 1075 for $12,75 a hundred + hazmat and yet no one is buying.
Probably 'cause very few know about it. To search online today you have to wade through dozens of scam sites, vetting each one. Very time consuming. I'm good for a while with about 1800 caps but will keep an eye out checking the trusted suppliers. Don't RWS caps usually come in 250 count tins?

I've called every location I can find in this area and have yet to find any BP or caps. Was on a somewhat shorter road trip last week going to a doctor, stopped into a smaller sporting goods store and lo and behold, they had some caps so I stocked up on some. Asked about BP and the guy said they haven't been able to get any in for over a year now. I know of only one other store that had some caps, but its an all day trip up there and back.

With that said, I suppose I could jump in my truck and put a couple thousand miles on it, burn up a lot in gas, and drive to every sporting goods store in the SE. Perhaps then I could find some BP. There's also the option of going to a gun show that comes through here a few times a year, but they have a reputation of being sky high on everything even if they had some BP.

A neighbor buddy of mine is one of those that will, and has, driven all over the state to save a few dollars on something. I'd like to know how much he spends on fuel, wear and tear, in an attempt to save a dollar or two.

A little net search can go a long ways even if one has to pay HAZMAT shipping.

Last edited:
Probably 'cause very few know about it. To search online today you have to wade through dozens of scam sites, vetting each one. Very time consuming. I'm good for a while with about 1800 caps but will keep an eye out checking the trusted suppliers. Don't RWS caps usually come in 250 count tins?
They come in both 100 and 250 count plastic tins. In this case though they are in 250 count tins but you must buy 4 tins for that price.

Powder at 23 bucks a pound shipped is available. Caps, well, hard to find but available. I make my own now and will NEVER buy another cap again for as long as I live. But I agree, get off yer arses and decide if you wanna shoot or sit on the porch!
Ugh, I like shooting from my porch. Yep big field, wide open with lil targets bout 100 yards out. Right there, off porch

I been to one trade fair show last February , no one had any Blackpowder or caps of any kind. A regular type gun show ,found one booth he had two cans of musket caps. There is a action going on that end this Saturday. Site show many cans of Blackpowder of different kinds. Several different Blackpowder guns. It was a sporting goods store.. Ludco Gun Shop, Farmland ,In. www. wagneractioneering.com

Back