• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gentlemans Belt Knife Sheaths

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to making the silver mounted sheath for the last belt knife, plus an extra simpler leather sheath slotted for a belt. The throat is 20ga sterling silver with a brass sash hook. The hook is silver brazed to the throat, and has a reinforcement 3/32" steel pin in the base that goes through the throat. The throat is silver brazed together in the center back side with a butt joint, and is glued to the center seam sheath. All hand sewn with linen thread. I believe 6 ply. Both sheaths were from 6 to 7oz vege-tan. The cross hatch and borders on the simple sheath were cut in using a stitching groover and a straight edge, in 1/4" spacing. I also very lightly aged the knife steel. Hope you enjoy a look.

Wick.... When you make something, there is never a doubt in my mind the end
result will be First Class all the way. :idunno:

Outstanding.... Both the knife & the sheaths are simply Outstanding. :bow: :hatsoff:

I have been making utility knives since I was 11-12. It is something I have always
liked to do. But they are really nothing compared to what you make. :redface:

I admire the time & dedication you have invested in bringing your talent to this
level, & can produce what we see today. You do some awesome work. :applause:

Keith Lisle

Back