• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gemmer-Hawken Kit .50 Investarms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just read positive review in the Sept. issue of Muzzle Blasts regarding the Gemmer-Hawkin Plains Rifle. It's an INVESTARMS kit w/ 32" blued bbl., 1:60 twist in .50 cal. It needs a bit of work like removing the 'fish belly' of the stock; please find Bob Woodfill's review or google Gemmer-Hawken Plains Rifle. The photos in Muzzle Blasts showing the finished gun are really impressive. The triggers and lock are ready-assembled. It looks just like the old Investarms Hawken, but in the .50 cal. only. Check it out!

Some of Jake and Sam's products have a bit of the "fish belly". John Gemmer's Hawken rifles generally don't have the fish belly. It's hard to tell a Gemmer rifle as he used Sam's Hawken stamp.

The rifle looks better without the fish belly, so it's best to remove it.

I remember Bob Browner (who makes/made excellent Hawken rifle replicas) lamenting about a customer who wanted a bench copy of a particular Hawken rifle (with the fish belly profile) being unhappy because Bob included the fish belly profile.

Just read positive review in the Sept. issue of Muzzle Blasts regarding the Gemmer-Hawkin Plains Rifle. It's an INVESTARMS kit w/ 32" blued bbl., 1:60 twist in .50 cal. It needs a bit of work like removing the 'fish belly' of the stock; please find Bob Woodfill's review or google Gemmer-Hawken Plains Rifle. The photos in Muzzle Blasts showing the finished gun are really impressive. The triggers and lock are ready-assembled. It looks just like the old Investarms Hawken, but in the .50 cal. only. Check it out!

There is a good video series on youtube of a guy building one of these guns. Its about 25 episodes total but is a good watch for building any kind of kit.

There is a good video series on youtube of a guy building one of these guns. Its about 25 episodes total but is a good watch for building any kind of kit.
ILoveMuzzleloading is a member here on the forum. He did a great job on his Gemmer-Hawken kit build Youtube series. I built one too and I'm very happy with it.

They have it is .50 and .54. It is the same rifle as the old Investarms GPR. I bought one in Flint and am finishing it now!

Back