• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G'day from Australia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kings Cross (where one of the hotels we stayed in was) was a real eye opener
When I arrived in Sydney on an R&R from Vietnam I stayed at the Gazebo Hotel. I was so excited to be out of a war zone I handed the bell hop my bags and asked him to place the luggage in my room. I immediately hit the town, the Kings Cross area. Late that night I returned [barely] took the elevator up to my floor and walked into a pie shaped room. 🤪

Cobra 6

Welcome from Adelaide Sth Australia, plenty of black powder shooters here. Flintlock is the way to go, rifles & side x side 20g & 12g shotguns

I lived in Adelaide for a few years, lovely city. The wife and I have talked about moving to the hills when our boys are older.

I've thought about getting a flinter for quail, don't know how steel would go through a black powder on ducks.

Listen to Lawrence he know his onions re ML .Inline !! hideuss cheater guns! .Percussion MLs fine but as Lawrence says nothing to fear in Flintlocks . I once made a fine long rifle with the Pea picker carveing after Shroyer ?( cant recall ).It went to Echuca & it got sold to Wangaratta . several went to that region .Ime accross the ditch in Nelson don't travel much these days .Good to have you on board
Regards Rudyard

When I arrived in Sydney on an R&R from Vietnam I stayed at the Gazebo Hotel. I was so excited to be out of a war zone I handed the bell hop my bags and asked him to place the luggage in my room. I immediately hit the town, the Kings Cross area. Late that night I returned [barely] took the elevator up to my floor and walked into a pie shaped room. 🤪

Cobra 6
Mirrorred ceiling perhaps?

Listen to Lawrence he know his onions re ML .Inline !! hideuss cheater guns! .Percussion MLs fine but as Lawrence says nothing to fear in Flintlocks . I once made a fine long rifle with the Pea picker carveing after Shroyer ?( cant recall ).It went to Echuca & it got sold to Wangaratta . several went to that region .Ime accross the ditch in Nelson don't travel much these days .Good to have you on board
Regards Rudyard

I've hunted nz a few times, have a mate up around Nelson. Keen to get back with the muzzleloader hunting there again someday.

Hi mate
As an expansion on my prior post.
I an in Normanton.
There is only 1 person other than me with a muzzleloader within about 500 clicks.
But I make up for it with more than a few.
Percussion is not a bad start for hunting.
What did you end up getting?
Never seen let alone owned an inline.
No deer here but shoot a good number of pigs.
Used a 1861 enfield musketoon last BP hunt.
Have hunted with a 50 Hawken and am building a 50 flint longrifle View attachment 57230 next hunt (after the floods dry out. Maybe April).
These guys have a phenominal collective knowledge you can lean on and are happy to share.
Dont be afraid of a flinter.
The worst that can happen is you miss a shot.
it looks like you will be having some BACON to go with your EGGS for breakfast!!

Welcome from Western Oklahoma! Don't be afraid of flintlocks. Plenty of help available. Self taught, I started out with a TC Hawken kit, and still shoot it after 40 years. Just be certain that you can get real black powder.

G'day there Mate and welcome. Great to have some good old blokes from down under. Aussieland was one of my favorites. I spent a couple years as a Mormon missionary in Victoria and Tassie. Made a few Royal Melbourne turns down on Flinders street. Stuck my feet in the Yarra river and frequented the botanical gardens and the museum a lot. I knew places like Brighton, Dandenong, Footscray, Reservoir, Fitzroy, Wangeratta and even Launceston and Hobart like the back of my hand as I pretty much walked every street. When I was there, ACDC was just a couple years old. I loved your chocolate and miss the bickies and milo. Never did acquire a taste for vegimite however. No offense, but Tassie was my favorite. Anyway, that was 40+ years ago and I'm sure things have changed a lot now. Where do you shoot down there?

Last edited:
Back