• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gastinne Renette ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callc2A

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi, Newbie here...........

I was lucky enough to have someone give this weapon to me - found it in a basement desk drawer.

I've done about all the research I could and still can't get a handle on what it is.
It "favors" a Gastinne Renette, but there's no indication that it is one.

I'm hoping the pics below can allow someone to help me by:
1) a direct suggestion of what it might be, or
2) some guidance on where else to look for distinguishing marks.

I've looked it over with a jeweler's loup, including within the filigree engraving, but nothing looks like a makers mark.
Hopefully the marks on the underside of the barrel may shed some light on its origin.

Thanks in advance for any help !! 1.jpg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 83
What is the caliber? The 10.4 might be the caliber in millimeters or 0.41". There should be other markings to indicate proof testing.
In the picture labeled 2.jpg there are two barely visible marks which are probably proof marks. One is a star and the other is a 1/8 moon with the belly of the moon facing upwards.
A low cost digital inside caliper shows barrel diameter of about .45 inches or 11.4 mm.

Thanks for the responses !!

Back