• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Garrett Sharps percussion Carbine - new price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frod733

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good day all,
I have this Garrett Sharps Civil War carbine for sale. I have had several of these over the years and this one is very nice. This is the only reproduction Sharps that has the Lawrence Pellet primer system, like the originals. Bore is bright and shiny. Overall condition is very nice, with some handling marks. Has "inspectors" cartouches on the stock like the originals. Very vivid bright color case hardening. Pictures dont do it justice. These have not been made in many years, so very uncommon. Ask any questions you like, I will try to answer.

$1450 plus shipping, insurance. Might consider trades, depending.....

Attachments

• IMG_2847.jpg
    IMG_2847.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2846.JPG
    IMG_2846.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2843.JPG
    IMG_2843.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2856.JPG
    IMG_2856.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2857.JPG
    IMG_2857.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2860.JPG
    IMG_2860.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2864.jpg
    IMG_2864.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Price adjustment to $1350. These are pretty hard to find, especially in this condition.

Tickling this one again. This is in excellent condition, with a bright bore and sharp rifling. Great for skirmishing (approved by the N-SSA), hunting, reenacting, or just over the fireplace. Only reproduction that ever had a working Lawrence pellet primer system. I have been told that original sharps parts will fit too. Willing to look at interesting trades. Let me know what your have.

Tickling this one again. This is in excellent condition, with a bright bore and sharp rifling. Great for skirmishing (approved by the N-SSA), hunting, reenacting, or just over the fireplace. Only reproduction that ever had a working Lawrence pellet primer system. I have been told that original sharps parts will fit too. Willing to look at interesting trades. Let me know what your have.
what might you be seeking in trade?

I do not know who sells the pellets, although I seem to remember someone made their own. I have never used the system, so cannot comment. Might be some historical records/diaries that mention it. Garrett is the brand, made in Italy years ago. Not made in a long time.

marked on the barrel cal. 56
It's a "54" Sharps and back in the 1970s we used the Rapine "Christmas tree" bullet mold.

The lands are "52", the grooves are "54" and is a "56" caliber rim with a smaller base to tie your cartridge to.

The "56" caliber base rim centered the cartridge and supplies the back pressure to seal the action.

Eras Gone has 2 different period molds that will work with this carbine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-205337_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-205337_Gallery.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 0
Back