• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Garage sale find!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tradoerr

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I found this little gem at a garage sale couple weekends ago-Pedersoli/Euroarms Kentucky .45cal percussion. The guy took it out a couple times, less than 100rnds through it, broke the ram rod and just hung it in garage instead of replacing rod, and didn't clean it as the rod was broken. It cleaned up real nice, and the bore looks really good, crisp rifling and flash hole, has a few small dings in the stock. Not a bad find! Just ordered a new rod from Dixie gun works.
IMG_20220326_194835191.jpg
dings on stock from not being handled carefully.

Some folks have all the luck....

I've never found a muzzleloader at any yard/tag/garage sale - yet, when I once was having a yard sale myself, a guy showed me a box filled with a totally disassembled (but complete) T/C Cherokee he just bought for $20 ! ! ! (Grrr)

I have one. Love it. However, with the barrel off I struck the fore stock on a chair and put a crack next to nose piece. Got it fixed but it looks kinda bad. My warning: the fore stock is thin, brittle and waiting to be mishandled. If you work on it, replace barrel with a dowel or pipe. No cracks wanted, Polecat

Some folks have all the luck....

I've never found a muzzleloader at any yard/tag/garage sale - yet, when I once was having a yard sale myself, a guy showed me a box filled with a totally disassembled (but complete) T/C Cherokee he just bought for $20 ! ! ! (Grrr)

This is the first time I had ever ran into one at this type of sale, and even more surprised that no one had snatched it up being what it was. Of course Colorado is now liberal Front Range LA. $20 bucks for a T/C! that's what one calls a treasure find!

I found this little gem at a garage sale couple weekends ago-Pedersoli/Euroarms Kentucky .45cal percussion. The guy took it out a couple times, less than 100rnds through it, broke the ram rod and just hung it in garage instead of replacing rod, and didn't clean it as the rod was broken. It cleaned up real nice, and the bore looks really good, crisp rifling and flash hole, has a few small dings in the stock. Not a bad find! Just ordered a new rod from Dixie gun works. View attachment 132913 dings on stock from not being handled carefully.
at least he passed it on!

Back