GA Reneker

Discussion in 'Vendors and Manufacturers' started by SgtErv, Feb 20, 2016.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Feb 20, 2016 #1

SgtErv

SgtErv

SgtErv

50 Cal.

Shopping around pretty extensively for buckskin leggings I came upon this vendor. The price seems very, very good. $120 for thigh length, plain buckskin leggings.

Seems too good to be true. Wondering if anyone has heard of them or made any purchases? Waiting to hear back if they are still in operation, too

2. Feb 20, 2016 #2

rfisher

rfisher

rfisher

40 Cal.

I talked to him via e mail a couple years ago. Quite pleasant enough of a fellow. I was seriously looking at buying a leather coat from him however he would not or could not (I dont know which one), provide a photo of a finished product so that scared me away. I sure did want that coat, still do actually, but I aint throwing down 4 or 5 hundred bucks on a product i dont even know what it really looks like.

3. Feb 20, 2016 #3

SgtErv

SgtErv

SgtErv

50 Cal.

Don't blame you. The lack of photos of a finished product is concerning. Custom rifle builders have galleries of stuff they've sold just as examples for that very reason. Thanks for the info

4. Feb 20, 2016 #4

nwtradegun

nwtradegun

nwtradegun

50 Cal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  5. Feb 20, 2016 #5

SgtErv

SgtErv

SgtErv

50 Cal.

Very nice. Thank you

6. Feb 22, 2016 #6

SgtErv

SgtErv

SgtErv

50 Cal.

Thanks again for the site RJ. That's some beautiful work and really fair prices. I might be giving that guy some business; Mocs, leggings, and a bag. Have you purchased anything from him?

7. Mar 6, 2016 #7

SgtErv

SgtErv

SgtErv

50 Cal.

Managed to get an email back from Mr. Calabrese last week, said he's in the process of moving. Figure I'll give him a call later next week. I'll keep you all posted, as he seems to do good work when he can be tracked down