• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G’day from Aussie…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G’day everyone, long time lurker, first time poster/user as such from here in Australia.

Just thought I’d drop in to say hello from Down Under and to soak up some of the many pages of info available and I’ll be sure to use the search function. 😇

In a nutshell, I’ve been a hunter my whole life, mainly using traditional bows here in Aussie and have hunted a few places around the world as well. I do have some really nice bows and also high end rifles but I’ve just bought a new side lock and will hunt with it soon after my government permit clears.

Cheers guys,

AK.

Welcome from Vic

Start saving your pennies, it's only a matter of time before you buy a flint and leave the training wheels behind!

Last edited:
Thanks guys and its good to see some Aussies on here. I live in SE Queensland and will take my muzzle loader for a walk soon enough for some red deer where I know they hang. Fingers crossed, I’ll find a handy stag come the rut but I’ll be happy with any deer for starters.

I normally backpack hunt and will leave the bow behind this year.

Attachments

• 7A01EAD3-4F51-4DAF-8ABF-915E22E51B2F.jpeg
    7A01EAD3-4F51-4DAF-8ABF-915E22E51B2F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 84D4321F-2C59-4EA6-A6CE-C559A804B1AE.jpeg
    84D4321F-2C59-4EA6-A6CE-C559A804B1AE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
2 knives! Hi, and welcome to another Queenslander. All the best with your wanderings looking up big red. I did a drive through the Brisbane Valley a couple of months ago and the grass was sooooooo long. Watch out for snakes - you have a few special ones around there, mostly nasty. As you well know, we don't get reds up this way (except at the butcher, at a I'm never going to buy that price!). I do have spotted beauties though, and best of all, smelly pigs. The deer I consume from time to time, happy to observe them, the pigs are vermin control. I'm thankful for the Chital; they are much smaller than the reds, easier to handle when on the ground, butchering and packing out. Welcome again. Great info here hey? And lovely polite input; clearly good manners and thoughtful, mindful moderators.

I've included some lovelies taken when out and about...

c3.JPG
c4.jpg

2 knives! Hi, and welcome to another Queenslander. All the best with your wanderings looking up big red. I did a drive through the Brisbane Valley a couple of months ago and the grass was sooooooo long. Watch out for snakes - you have a few special ones around there, mostly nasty. As you well know, we don't get reds up this way (except at the butcher, at a I'm never going to buy that price!). I do have spotted beauties though, and best of all, smelly pigs. The deer I consume from time to time, happy to observe them, the pigs are vermin control. I'm thankful for the Chital; they are much smaller than the reds, easier to handle when on the ground, butchering and packing out. Welcome again. Great info here hey? And lovely polite input; clearly good manners and thoughtful, mindful moderators.

I've included some lovelies taken when out and about...

View attachment 182764View attachment 182765
Stunning photos, particularly the grunter. What camera are you running?

Back