• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G‘day from Austria!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermann252

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello to all black powder aficionados in this forum I just joined!
Whenever my job, family and hunting passion is allowing me, I enjoy a good shooting competition with rifles, hand guns or muzzleloaders. I hope to learn more here from other keen shooters.
Below a pic of my two most loved black powder tools, an original and it’s replica sibling from the Black Forest, where I‘m coming from.

Attachments

• 9E68096E-82DC-4919-B788-135A9FD05B1C.jpeg
    9E68096E-82DC-4919-B788-135A9FD05B1C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Whenever my job, family and hunting passion is allowing me, I enjoy a good shooting competition with rifles, hand guns or muzzleloaders. I hope to learn more here from other keen shooters.
Below a pic of my two most loved black powder tools, an original and it’s replica sibling from the Black Forest, where I‘m coming from.
Black Forest Vic I presume rather than urban Adelaide Well you got the right forum here . Ime across the ditch in NZ but am familiar with Vic & most of Aus , A lot of good lads from both and pretty well global Ime sure youle fit right in .
Regards Rudyard

Black Forest Vic I presume rather than urban Adelaide Well you got the right forum here . Ime across the ditch in NZ but am familiar with Vic & most of Aus , A lot of good lads from both and pretty well global Ime sure youle fit right in .
Regards Rudyard
Austria I miss read for Australia ! Well pobodys Nerfect welcome anyway.. I did cross Austria once in a fluke lift from the Iran /Afganistan border but was night time saw nothing . about a dozen of us overlanders got a lift on a Returning empty coach they like us had to stop in Persia to be tested for Cholera at the Border three days .But we got tents & food so pleasant break the Coach had to stop So we conned a ride . the Drivers said" The only sights we want to see are the White cliffs of Dover "so they just drove in turns stopping only for fuel primeally , So we went through Teheran , Istanbul,& Vienna each at night to arrive early morning in Dover .The Customs man comes inside says "Anything to declare " ? We where a little capsule of hippy sorts. I had a big Sitar others likley had all sorts of exsotic smokeing mixtures . No body spoke he says " Carry on" & that was that . Going out three years earlier It took me about 7 weeks Milan to Karachi. I hadn't the 10$ to get an Afghani visa so went the Southern route via Kerman, Isfahan , Zaidan, & Nokundi into Baluchistan . their was a state of war twix India & Pakistan so took a Pilgrim ship' SS Sardonha' to Bombay from Karachi my last 42 Rupees deck passage. But I had sent out 85 pounds to Bombay that got me to Columbo then 6 weeks living of 4 Rupees a day( 32R/- to the pound black market ). but I just had the fare P&O' Canberra' to Freemantle and landed with a whole 3 pounds to my name.
All off topic Reminiscing .Rudyard

Last edited:
Regards Rudyard
Black Forest, a mountain range in South West Germany, I wasn’t aware there’s one in Down Under as well, already learned something.
Best Regards

WOW! that is a trip of been there & done that. what a fascinating journey. I can't imagine all of the memories that you must have to reflect on?

Black Forest, a mountain range in South West Germany, I wasn’t aware there’s one in Down Under as well, already learned something.
Best Regards
I slept a night in the Black forest Germany once Ide been looking for a ship in the major ports of Europe then without success was hitching from Olso to Genoa via the Gottahardt? tunnel all grey wet & cold but once through into Italy' Whoopee !' like summer time again . But no ship. (The working passage caper is very unlikley but was worth a try .Hence Ime in Milano with 16 pounds. What to do next? .I go to Venice then on a road heading East I toss a coin two out three .three out of five ect (always indecisive) My Hertz Renta car map showed a road that went to Austria the fashion then in 1966 was to work in Germany ...So I let fate decide the next lift if he went north Ide do that if he went to Triest Ide run the overland .Well he goes to Titos Yugoslavia at Reika I camp in some field that had big furrows & at dawn I wrote two letters home & a Cousin & effectively pawned my collection for 85 pounds to be sent to National & Grindleys bank Bombay.

. (Today youde spend that going out for dinner but in 66 it seemed like serious money ) Well I get a ride to Zargreb post the airograms hitch to Belgrade , very repressed State under Tito .Then by much welcomed good luck an Austrian Stamp dealer was going to Istanbul so I got to Instanbul (Incidently he last went that route in a Panzer tank !) Passport so full of West Africa stamps I had to get a new one in Istanbul .Turkey was hellish poor lifts. but Persia under the Shar had cheap busses if lousy roads . and so the link was made . One lift of possible interest was one in Italy with a muzzleloading gun maker might be Petersoli. Ile look at my diary might mention it fuller .had my Italian been better who knows what could happen ? (.Old Kit Ravenshear worked in Spain for some Basque gunmakers ) Anyway this explanation is a bit tenuous in the gun department other wise But Ime sure Toot will like it ..
Regards Rambling Rudyards reminisces

Come on over and bring your pistols.

Back