• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FYI - New Kibler Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to understand stand why, if this is supposed to be a shorter, earlier style rifle (allegedly from the 1760's) why the caliber choices start and end smaller than the later styled "Colonial" offering.
This seems like it would be an ideal rifle to have in .58 to .62 caliber.

I'm not exactly kicking myself for having built a new .50 last year, but apart from the brass hardware, this is exactly the gun I was looking for. I really prefer the shorter barrel of this than what's on the Colonial. If it did come in .58, I'd be all over it.

$830 for the kit and $300 for the lock, did I read that correctly?

There's also a separate charge for shipping and separate charge for shipping container.

It's all reasonable IMO. I ship a lot and I've had to become very careful on my shipping!!

What are the main differences in this and the Colonial?
Near as I can tell, the Colonial has a slightly longer barrel (maybe a slightly heavier barrel?), is available in 50, 54, 58 cal, weighs 9 lbs +/- depending on caliber.
The Woodsrunner has a shorter barrel (39.75"), available in 45, 50, 54 cal, weighs 7.5 - 8 lbs +/-

Also it seems to have a slimmer profile or at least it seems to be that way to me.
Of course I’m a arse and don’t care much for British or Yankee decorations on a weapon. I’m a SMR fan

Bnewberry, I saw that post. I also got mine on Saturday. What a great kit for the price. It is basically "in the white". I saw where you are planning on scraping it. Not much sanding or scraping needs to be done. The metal also needs very little work. I took my gut to a friend who is going to do the carving, because I have no artistic ability, and we went over the carving patterns that Jim has on his bench copy. Probably going with something similar. I saw you had a number 5 scribed on the bottom flat and you said it might be a production or serial number. I looked at mine after seeing that and it has a straight line scribed where your 5 is. I wonder if that is number 1. Tomorrow I might give Kibler's a call tomorrow and ask. Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

I'm trying to understand stand why, if this is supposed to be a shorter, earlier style rifle (allegedly from the 1760's) why the caliber choices start and end smaller than the later styled "Colonial" offering.
This seems like it would be an ideal rifle to have in .58 to .62 caliber.
I asked Jim and there will be no calibre options above 54.

My thinking was the same, if available in 62 I would have sold a couple of guns and dealt with the border security circus show to get one here.

Back