• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fusils!? :D

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62 caliber I use squirrel and turkey hunting
BA2A490E-3B67-4212-8C89-61E1CE3229BE.jpeg

I’ve got to say an FDC is my favorite gun to shoot

I haven't decided if I like mine. I think the stock shape makes for a little more awkward feeling gun to shoot. Been considering trying to replace mine with another smoothbore. Maybe a Carolina Trade Gun, or a fowling piece of some sort.

I haven't decided if I like mine. I think the stock shape makes for a little more awkward feeling gun to shoot. Been considering trying to replace mine with another smoothbore. Maybe a Carolina Trade Gun, or a fowling piece of some sort.
There are original fusils and trade guns with the comb scooped out to fit the shooter.
Many trade guns, if close copies of originals, don’t have enough drop at comb and heel. They were cheap guns often made from narrow planks unsuitable for higher grade guns. .

There are original fusils and trade guns with the comb scooped out to fit the shooter.
Many trade guns, if close copies of originals, don’t have enough drop at comb and heel. They were cheap guns often made from narrow planks unsuitable for higher grade guns. .

I think the angled buttplate and the drop is what irks me about mine. Or maybe I just got the "wants" for something different, lol. I understand where you are coming from though, and totally agree.

Hard at work deer hunting..... Mine is a .62 FDC made by Narragansett Arms before they fizzled out. Pretty decent old gun. Not the best fit and finish.
20210118_110204.jpg

Yeah man, same gun, same job. This is my favorite out of my herd. I've taken a bear, a few deer, a bunch of gobblers and a few rabbits and squirrels with it.

Latest posts

Back