• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de Chasse of love

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't sweat it. It's in English. Whoever translated it however substituted pound for livre and foot for pied. The livre is heavier than the pound, and as you can imagine the pied is longer than the foot.
Don't sweat it. It's in English. Whoever translated it however substituted pound for livre and foot for pied. The livre is heavier than the pound, and as you can imagine the pied is longer than the foot.

What did you mean though, by the French version being more "comprehensive"?

It seems the only options are:

1. The TVM FDC in left hand. Seems like the best option, and the price is reasonable at about $850.
2. The Caywood Wilson Trade Gun in Left Hand. Has French styling, plus it can always be an "I took it from a dead Englishman" thing. At about $1,300 though, it's about 60% more. They have the "Ass White" one for nearly $2,000.
3. Carving my own from a stock blank. I think I'll pass on that for now.

Yeah f
The English stock looks NOTHING like the de Chasse.
If you decide to do the English, read the description very well. You will have to inlet the barrel. Are you up to that?
These are very generic stocks and can be made into various guns, but YOU need to know, where you are going.
Just don’t get caught up in something you can’t handle, just to save a buck.

For the left handed one it's up to my friend. When I get to my FDC I'll likely go for with the TOTW one.

I am pretty confident in inletting the barrel: it seems like a tedious process but doable. Still, don't think I want to spend more time than I need to. Would rather spend the time and effort on maybe some nice carving, etc.

So has anyone dealt with TVM?
They seem like a reputable outfit that makes good guns.

The English stock looks NOTHING like the de Chasse.
If you decide to do the English, read the description very well. You will have to inlet the barrel. Are you up to that?
These are very generic stocks and can be made into various guns, but YOU need to know, where you are going.
Just don’t get caught up in something you can’t handle, just to save a buck.
you are so right, I have both, ENGLISH & FRENCH , and the difference is very noticeable! remember that they were both made in different country's!

I'm left handed, and have no issues shooting the Track fusil. And yes, I did get smacked in the face a time or two until I learned to put the butt right in the pocket of my shoulder and look over the top of the barrel. There isn't as much drop to the stock as you might at first glance think.

Just noticed you are saying you shoot a right-handed FDC left handed and have no issues. So no flint or sparks in the face or eyes?

Tulle kits from TOW take about 40-60 hours of work depending the kind of tools you have.

I‘m a beginner, the few lesson’s I’ve learned are sharp quality chisels are a must, small files of different grades and the one type of tool that comes in extra hand are scrapers. Cabinet scrapers or hobby scrapers really make the barrel inletting a much easier task.

Drill jigs for the pins are kinda necessary to get pins in straight through or a drill press if yo have one handle.

If A kit gets too challenging you can always send it to a gunsmith to complete it, if you want save money on a gunsmith, do the metal polishing and clean up any casted parts Before sending off, polishing off the casted parts and barrel tends to reduce the work time by 50%.

Back