• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de Chasse by Pecatonica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got on with drilling and tapping both the lock plate and the trigger plate. It's definetly the scariest part of this job for me. I think my stomach had about a million butterflies swarming around in there. But I took it slow and measured over and over and over again. I am pretty happy it came along as well as it did, plus the ramrod easily clears the front lock bolt! :)
The trigger pull is really nice and light and the L&R lock is fast and throws great sparks. I like the feel of the slim wrist on this gun also. It's light and points very well.
Next up will be the barrel.

Attachments

• Fusil 9.jpg
    Fusil 9.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 54
  • Fusil 10.jpg
    Fusil 10.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 48
Today I got on with drilling and tapping both the lock plate and the trigger plate. It's definetly the scariest part of this job for me. I think my stomach had about a million butterflies swarming around in there. But I took it slow and measured over and over and over again. I am pretty happy it came along as well as it did, plus the ramrod easily clears the front lock bolt! :)
The trigger pull is really nice and light and the L&R lock is fast and throws great sparks. I like the feel of the slim wrist on this gun also. It's light and points very well.
Next up will be the barrel.
very good

You are going just fine .When you finish the gun , write your details etc and the date on a piece of paper and place it under the butt plate for historical reference . I have found a few antiques like this . Or engrave the inside of the butt plate with the details , I have one rifle like this .

You are going just fine .When you finish the gun , write your details etc and the date on a piece of paper and place it under the butt plate for historical reference . I have found a few antiques like this . Or engrave the inside of the butt plate with the details , I have one rifle like this .
Thanks for that idea and reminder. I sometimes carve my name on the stock under the butt plate or side plate, but usually I forget that.

Check your ramrod hole where it enters the stock. I have an Andrew Verner style Bucks County stock from Pecatonica that had the ramrod hole wander off to the side that became my lock plate mortise. I have heard others say they too had ramrod holes from them that were not drilled straight.

The wood itself on mine is gorgeous save for the ramrod hole issue.

Check your ramrod hole where it enters the stock. I have an Andrew Verner style Bucks County stock from Pecatonica that had the ramrod hole wander off to the side that became my lock plate mortise. I have heard others say they too had ramrod holes from them that were not drilled straight.

The wood itself on mine is gorgeous save for the ramrod hole issue.
The ramrod hole appears to be excellent on this one. I drilled a small 1/8” hole towards the breech of the barrel channel and located the ramrod hole was in good position.sometimes they aren’t so I am abut lucky on this one.

Back