• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de chass. 62 cal ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for information about reproductions of French fusil's. Not the fancy ones.
Are there any sources for inexpensive ones? Any recommended makers of better ones that won't break the bank ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean by "the fancy ones", but Track of the Wolf has one of Centermark`s fusil de fin for sale for $1,199. That's about as cheap as you will find.

You get what you pay for. Loyalist arms sells one in the 6-700 dollar range. It’s a might heavier and bulkeyer then the originals. Track of the Wolf sells a kit in about the same price range, it takes about a hundred hours to finish and can be done with tools picked up at your local hardware store.
Buying some more specialized tools for about a hundred dollars and investing about fifty more hours you can get close to the original

That is not correct for a 1720 Tulle fusil de chasse musket ... sideplate is wrong, the barrel is too short, lock should be a round-faced lock, the lock panels are too wide across and there's far too much wood left on the lock panels. And that's all I can tell without better close-ups!

I never found one to the 1727 contract requirements from Tulle, so I finally made my own.

While I have not handled any of his arms. Have corresponded with him and he comes across as sincere. He has a "French Tulle Hunting Musket 1720" (fusil de chasse) listed on his web page at $1200. Not a recommendation. since I have not handled his work, but a potential source. There are other sources.

http://www.militiahouse.com/gun-building--parts.html

Lol, I don't think I've seen guns that looked worse. They make the Indian guns look high-end. The wood work is so poorly done and poorly finished from what I can see. Deep scratches and gouges everywhere. Never trust ordering from someone who can't post clear, quality photographs of their work on their website. No excuse for blurry or poorly lit photographs if you're a professional. Sorry, that's just my opinion as a craftsman myself.

Last edited:
Lol, I don't think I've seen guns that looked worse. They make the Indian guns look high-end. The wood work is so poorly done and poorly finished from what I can see. Deep scratches and gouges everywhere. Never trust ordering from someone who can't post clear, quality photographs of their work on their website. No excuse for blurry or poorly lit photographs if you're a professional. Sorry, that's just my opinion as a craftsman myself.
Nothing like putting someone else down and blowing your own trumpet!

Volumes have been written about the virtues of India guns. So close ,but so far away to the trained eye.
I'll be polite and sy the same for the Milita House arms. They lack in many respects.
If you desire authenticity, you get what you pay for.

Cheap or authentic, pick one. You can't have both. Not in my opinion.
But what do I know.

Back