• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fusil butt plate question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got a Tulle fusil de chase coming. It's a kit,,forgive me,,. My question ,,, is a fusil and a fowler I think I gotvthat right. Anyway the butt plate and trigger gaurd are really not what I want. I'm wanting the fancier ones that have a pretty ornate shape and both have the shape if a acorn on the tip. Can I switch and use the fancier one.
I need to look at pics I confuse myself. Thanks

How could we know? Is the kit inlet for guard and buttplate? Unless/until you have both sets of parts in hand, I cannot see how anyone could answer.

Yep your right Rich. I guess I hoped someone had swPped them before. They sure look like it would work. I guess I will order the ones I want and if they don't match close enough I can return them.
Thanks

Hi Crow,
What exactly did you order? What are the stock, the barrel, the lock, the trigger guard, the butt plate? Did you order a French trigger guard and butt plate of did you order English versions? Is that why you asked about fowlers versus fusils?

dave

Dave I ordered a kit and on the website it's different from TOW where you pick each part and have part ##,s. The kit is listed as introduced by the French,,the tulle fusil de chasse, That is the wording for the kit so I take it that it is a French tulle fusil de chasse. The fowler and fusil butt plates look so much alike pretty much flat.
Like I said earlier I will get a buttplate I want and if it does not fit to where I can tweak it by bending a little pr inletting I will return it and use the one that comes with the kit.
Thanks

I am use to buying a stock and then walk around friend ship and finding the rest of the parts. It is nice to handle the parts and compare them with the stock.

Latest posts

Back