• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fun with a pair of .36 Brass Navies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20220424_195654.jpg

20220424_195643.jpg

20220424_195913.jpg

20220424_195752.jpg

Got out for a quick 36 rounds with a pair of Pietta brass .36 Navies....

I load them at home, stick em in this "rig" I put together with the leather gear made in Pakistan .....two flap holsters, a white belt with a CS buckle and a larger .44 cartridge box.

In the cartridge box fit a small flask, a tin of caps and a bag with 24 lead balls. The flask holds enough powder for 24 more shots, with the 20gr spout.

I managed to hit the thumb tack, exploding it and making a big tack shrapnel hole in the paper. Purely by chance, obviously. If I was able to intentionally hit a thumb tack at 25 yards with a percussion revolver I'd be pretty proud of myself.

They both hit very high, but we know that these revolvers all hit high , so I aimed low to put these scattered hits on the paper. The rest of the balls hit somewhere on the backer above the paper , below it, etc etc . Definitely not target work, I fired 12 rounds left handed too.....not very effective , at all.....

Perfect for just a quick little drive over to the range . After 26 shots per revolver it's about time to wipe them out anyway, so if I wanted to shoot more I'd have brought a range bag with more powder, balls, etc. My range is close so I keep "rigs" like this handy so I can grab em and go, for a quick half an hour of range shooting

Got home, after I was done doing other stuff. Quickly cleaned both revolvers. I'll have to admit I don't painstakingly detail clean them like I do my stuff like the Uberti Dragoon or Gen 2 Colt Pocket Navy but I cleaned em up and I'll probably shoot them again in a couple days anyway.

Last edited:
It's nice that they are in .36 to make a brace of Schneider & Glassick. Handsome guns.
I'm happy Pietta kept making the .36 Schneider & Glassick , you can still find em for $230 or so in stock with Sellers on GunBroker, I got these from Old South Firearms

I always had a thing for the brass open tops and I'm sure the .36 brassers with light charges will hold up just fine. I just think they look good, especially with a "patina" on them.

Back