• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fun times at a gunsmith

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coredneck

32 Cal
Reaction score
got to go poke around a gunsmiths parts bin/project area today and found some fun things (and I kick myself for forgetting my phone at home).. investarm Zouave rifle (barrel and stock) missing the rest so not sure if it was a flint or a percussion, anyone know if/where parts could be found, I know he likes his flints as he just made himself a new .54 and was showing it off...also found a short stock springfield perc without a barrel and the stock was very short (pretty wood but stock was maybe 24 inches) ..also a very sweet double barrel shotgun with one hell of a sexy stock and brass work, but one sides action as broken and had very thin barrels and he said even if he fixed the action he wouldn't trust shooting it without new barrels...he also had a nice .36? kentucky rifle he said was the first one he had built after he got home from the army (he is probably in his late 60's early 70's now). Would love any info on the Zouave action as I think if I could help him get it up and working he would work deal on the shotgun

I don't know of Investarms ever making a Zouave, but they may have. All Zouaves were percussion and should have a large percussion bolster where the nipple screws in.

Back