• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Full Stock 45 Caliber Flintlock Rifle - Custom Built - Closed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the below full stock 45 caliber rifle up for sale. I am the builder and just finished this rifle on February 14, 2022. It was built from a blank. It was built for match shooting or hunting. It has not been shot.

The wood is a very strong and straight grained piece of Sugar maple and the stock design is somewhat of the Lancaster school. There are no dings or scratches. It has been finished w/ three coats of Tried and True varnish/oil and two coats of Permalyn sealer. The Rice barrel is a 38" long, B Profile Haines tapered and flared, square bottom rifling w/ the 1-66" twist. The flash hole liner is a 5/16-32 Chambers White Lightin. The front sight is a silver blade and has been left tall for sighting in. The rear sight is a standard sight with a slight V notch started. The double set trigger is an L&R which is light, crisp and sweet. The barrel is pinned into the stock with three lugs. The 3/8" hickory ram rod has a 10-32 brass end on it.

The lock is one of the Larry Zornes Classic locks with the brass priming pan. It is very well made and remains unfired . All of the metal has been rust browned finish. The brass butt plate and lock bolt inlays are custom made.

The rifles OAL is 53 1/2", the drop at the rear of the stock is 2 1/2" and the LOP is 13 3/8".

I am asking $1,700 which includes fully insured shipping in a crate through the USPS Priority Mail. If you live out West, the shipping will be an additional $20. I take USPS Money Orders as payment or you can call me and use a credit/debit card with the additional 3.5% fee that I am charged.

This rifle is also listed on another site.

Please ask if you have any questions or need additional pictures.

The rifle has sold.

IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Andrew, I still do not have a scale that I can weigh my rifles. My best guess is it is 6 1/2 lbs. or under. It is lite for its size. I attribute that to the barrel. The wood is a very solid piece of sugar maple. I actually enjoyed working this piece of wood more than any before. It required the sharpest of tools, but the grain was perfect. Cut like a dream.

I did a stock from a not curly maple blank also. Should have just stained it like you have done. Nice, very nice!

Back