• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ft. Frederick market faire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen today on there web site that the market faire at Ft. Frederick has been canceled.

Yep..., so has the event the following weekend at Mount Vernon.
Those who paid may either get credit for next year, or may have the fee applied as a donation to the Friends of Fort Frederick.

LD

Dave, As I would not have a problem with either of the ways to handle the fee disbursement, perhaps it would be a good ideal to contact the ones whom already paid and ask them. It would be the best thing in my opinion and add to the great opinions all have of the market faire. I am sure most would not object to either of the options. As there are I am sure folks who save both money and vacation time during the year to be able to attend, with the situation now facing us every bit of money you have may come in handy.

Dave, As I would not have a problem with either of the ways to handle the fee disbursement, perhaps it would be a good ideal to contact the ones whom already paid and ask them. It would be the best thing in my opinion and add to the great opinions all have of the market faire. I am sure most would not object to either of the options. As there are I am sure folks who save both money and vacation time during the year to be able to attend, with the situation now facing us every bit of money you have may come in handy.

I'm not sure of the relevancy of the reply. I merely stated fact. I see no reason to contact others who have paid and ask them anything. That's their business. A person can reserve their camping spot for next year, or they can contribute to the non-profit that runs the event. Either option seems to have merit to me.

LD

We all have our opinions! relevancy or not I felt as stated, it would be the decent thing to do. It is the friends responsibility to contact the pre-registered campers and the campers decision as how to handle the pre-paid fees.

Even though the Fort Frederick Market Fair for 2020 had to be cancelled, the Friends of Fort Frederick are encouraging people to support the sutlers by shopping on their online stores or emailing them. For many of these people, the fair is their biggest source of sales for the year. The Friends website has the full list of 134 sutlers, with their contact list.
Fort Frederick Sutlers for 2020

Looking forward to 2021. Stay safe everyone

Back