• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD FS Precarved A or #6 Curly maple stock, Siler Percussion Lock ,Green Mt 13/16x45 BH-14 !!! Price Reduction !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott-wv

Reaction score
I am listing for sale kits and parts from the estate of Lee Hamel of OH.
Lee was an apprentice of Cecil Brooks, and worked with him to make the presentation rifles that where presented at the NRA banquet each year to politicians and celebrities like Charlton Heston.
#BH-14 kit contains: Brooks/Hamel pattern Precarved Curly Maple Stock, grade 'A', inletted with a Siler Large Percussion lock and a green Mt 13/16x.45x42" Barrel.
NorthStar Double Set single Action Triggers it has all BRASS Hardware, Patchbox, nose cap, thimbles, side plate, toe plate some inlays and pins and screws. Everything you need to build this nice Percussion Rifle. Asking $750.00 plus $45.00 shipping & Ins.
Any questions please PM me.
Thanks
Scott Cain
BH-14 (1).JPGBH-14 (2).JPGBH-14 (3).JPGBH-14 (4).JPGBH-14 (5).JPGBH-14 (6).JPGBH-14 (7).JPGBH-14 (9).JPGBH-14 (10).JPGLee Hamel NRA.JPG

Last edited:
Buy with confidence! I bought the first one that Ed and Scott posted like this except it had German Silver hardware and was flint vs percussion. To say I was pleased is an understatement, the fit was truly exceptional, zero issues!

Millerish

Is the barrel already breached for a percussion lock and inlet accordingly? I.e. can I make it into a flint or is the inletting too far complete?

Is the barrel already breached for a percussion lock and inlet accordingly? I.e. can I make it into a flint or is the inletting too far complete?
The barrel is breeched with a straight tang plug, but it can be used for either a percussion or a flint lock. The stock is inletted for a large siler lock.
I have the parts available to make it a flintlock by switching the percussion lock for a flint lock, a touch hole liner for the drum and nipple as well as switch barrels with one with a flared tang but it will cost $850 plus shipping for a flint kit.
I will also have some other kits available soon with silver furniture.
Scott-WV

Latest posts

Back